+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa soon to expire/Inland or Outland application

marydimples

Sep 19, 2013
Hi everyone,
My partner and I are about to send in our application for family sponsorship.
I have been in Canada with a multiple entry visitor visa since March 2013. This visa expired in July, I applied for an extension...I received it yesterday, and although it shows that they only processed it last week, they are only extending my visa until October :(
What should we do? My police certificate hasn't gotten here yet... and I have not done my medical examinations yet. Should we send in our application without those first and then send in those two things later on when we receive them?
Should I apply to extend my visitor visa again, as well as send in our application or should I do an inland application, and just stay in Canada on implied status?

I have also read about the possibility to do an outland application when one is in Canada with their spouse, is that option still open to us,although I have only 1 month left in my authorisations to stay in Canada?

I would gladly appreciate all of your advice, as this is such a stressful time and I want to make sure we all things right

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Re: what to do next

Yes, you absolutely can submit an 'outland' application even while IN Canada. This would allow to travel to your home country should the need arise. If you note here what country you are from, others can post their experience as far as timelines go.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
marydimples said:
Should we send in our application without those first and then send in those two things later on when we receive them?
I've heard of people sending in applications with police check to follow later. But its usually recommended to send in a complete application including police and medicals, else CIC could return your entire application back to you as incomplete.

Should I apply to extend my visitor visa again, as well as send in our application or should I do an inland application, and just stay in Canada on implied status?
That's entirely up to you. If staying in Canada during the entire processing time is of the most importance to you, then apply inland. Just note that you shouldn't leave Canada at all during inland processing, for any reason whatsoever.

You can also apply outland, but there is no implied status that comes with this. So if you can't renew your visitor visa again or find some other visa to get, you'll need to return home to wait out the processing.