+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Rejection

noorjosan

Feb 16, 2024
I am Canadian citizen, lost my parents 2 years ago. I live with my wife but I dont have any immediate family member in Canada. I applied for visitor visa for my sister and her husband. They have two daughters who I mentioned will be staying with their grandmother during their stay here. I mentioned family reunion and travel Canada as their purpose of visit.
They work as Government Employees in India. My brother in law in Police department and my sister in Education department.
I attached their agricultural lands, private properties documents, their bank statements and showed enough funds as 15000CAD per person. I applied for 15 days stay during June.
I got rejection today with following reasons

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.

I am not sure what did I miss, I even shared NOC documents from their departments

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am Canadian citizen, lost my parents 2 years ago. I live with my wife but I dont have any immediate family member in Canada. I applied for visitor visa for my sister and her husband. They have two daughters who I mentioned will be staying with their grandmother during their stay here. I mentioned family reunion and travel Canada as their purpose of visit.
They work as Government Employees in India. My brother in law in Police department and my sister in Education department.
I attached their agricultural lands, private properties documents, their bank statements and showed enough funds as 15000CAD per person. I applied for 15 days stay during June.
I got rejection today with following reasons

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.

I am not sure what did I miss, I even shared NOC documents from their departments
Order GCMS notes. Assume funds were in cash in their own personal bank accounts.

noorjosan

Feb 16, 2024
yes their were active transactions and funds were consistent
no major recent transactions
I will order GCMS notes will that not be generic and what actually is in notes?

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
Family reunion doesn't align with a visitor visa, I guess.

How long did you plan they plan to stay? How many people were included in the application?

noorjosan

Feb 16, 2024
2 people
my sister and my brother in law
I mentioned reason to travel -
“ I will be travelling with my wife to Canada to visit my brother-in-law. I will be staying there from 2nd July to 29th July,2024. My purpose of visit is family reunion”

So we cannot mention visit family as reason for visitor visa? is that a requirement?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
2 people
my sister and my brother in law
I mentioned reason to travel -
“ I will be travelling with my wife to Canada to visit my brother-in-law. I will be staying there from 2nd July to 29th July,2024. My purpose of visit is family reunion”

So we cannot mention visit family as reason for visitor visa? is that a requirement?
Did you provide an itinerary? They are coming for a month. Family reunion is a few days.

noorjosan

Feb 16, 2024
Did you provide an itinerary? They are coming for a month. Family reunion is a few days.
no I did not provide any itinerary
In invitation letter I mentioned my family situation and their trip details locations we will be visiting
I didn’t know family reunion shouldn’t be 27 days

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
In invitation letter I mentioned my family situation and their trip details locations we will be visiting
Family reunion is a general term. They are coming for a month so they must be doing some sightseeing. Next time have an itinerary of places they will go.

noorjosan

Feb 16, 2024
okay
so that could be the reason

they also mentioned about assets about that I am not sure what else can I share

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
okay
so that could be the reason

they also mentioned about assets about that I am not sure what else can I share
What was your or your spouse Immigration history before being Canadian Citizen? Were you a refugee claimant at any momement??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
27 day trip is quite long especially since their children are being left abroad. Would ask for 1-2 week visit. Have your sister and brother ever attempted to move abroad for various reasons?

noorjosan

Feb 16, 2024
we both came as students, completed studies and then applied for PR, I applied for Citizenship but she has decided to keep PR
no history or refugee claims.
Unfortunately I lost my father in 2021 and this year I got his PR invite letter, I have noone from my family who ever visited me so I applied for my sister and her husband

Shared all documents related to their jobs, noc from their respective departments
invitation letter with all the details about them, my jobs and LICO requirements
I shared their assets of approx 75 lakhs in India
I am very confused about the generic refusal letter