+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa rejection

Prakaashankar

Mar 5, 2024
Hi There

My parents applied for visitor visa. They have properties on their name each, businesses registered on each name . Showed proof of funds INR equivalent to $13750 CAD in bank account. But still got rejected stating that they are not satisfied they would leave Canada. Proof of financial support insufficient, proof of employment insufficient. They are self employed not sure what else we need to send to prove they would leave Canada. I have not sent my income documents but their income tax returns were submitted. On itinerary they have put 2 months trip to Canada.

In my invitation we have mentioned that it’s for our house warming function. Will that have any negative impact. Can anyone please assist what could be possibly the reason for reject and what I would need to submit in addition if I can reapply.

Regards
Prakash

mahsakh

May 10, 2024
Hi There

My parents applied for visitor visa. They have properties on their name each, businesses registered on each name . Showed proof of funds INR equivalent to $13750 CAD in bank account. But still got rejected stating that they are not satisfied they would leave Canada. Proof of financial support insufficient, proof of employment insufficient. They are self employed not sure what else we need to send to prove they would leave Canada. I have not sent my income documents but their income tax returns were submitted. On itinerary they have put 2 months trip to Canada.

In my invitation we have mentioned that it’s for our house warming function. Will that have any negative impact. Can anyone please assist what could be possibly the reason for reject and what I would need to submit in addition if I can reapply.

Regards
Prakash
I would say it might be for couple of reasons. first $13750 CAD wouldn't be enough for two people for a stay of 2 months. Are they going to stay with you? If yes, definitely mention that in the invitation letter. Also if you have a good source of income, you can attach your own proof of funds and mention that you'll help with the expenses.

House warming function doesn't have any negative impact but keep in mind that the officer reading your invitation letter is a human so try to humanize your letter. If you haven't seen them for a long time, mention that, etc.

Hope this helps.

Prakaashankar

Mar 5, 2024
Thank you for your quick response

Have some more questions if you can someone could assist please
1. How much funds need to be shown if we revise the itinerary to 2 weeks or 1 month max
2. If I’m showing my account as proof of funds can it be from TFSA which has investments inside
3. For employment situation what documents can I attach more already sent my parents GST registration. They are proprietors on their own business not sure what more documents will prove their employment situation
4. They have also stated “this purpose of visit is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in the application “- what does this mean how should I address this concern
Regards
Prakash