+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa refused twice

mitalqa

Jan 10, 2016
Hi

I have applied for a visitor visa twice and got rejection both time from Banglore, India Visa Office. Refusal letter indicate few points as below.

- Travel History
( I have never travel abroad before. So I am not getting any idea about how can I resolve this point?)

- Family ties in canada and country of residence
( I clearly mention my spouse detail who is in canada on student visa, My mother, My father and My brother(In india) details. First time I defined same information and they didn't mention family ties in my first time visa refusal letter so I am dont know why family ties mention in second time visa refusal letter while family information is same?)

- Purpose of Visit
( I clealy mention that My purpose of Canada visit is to visit my spouse, my sister-in-law and brother-in-law and to celebrate my and my spouse birthday (febuary 15 and Febuary 26) together as well as to explore various attraction in Canada. I also mention details about where we are planning to visit in Canada. My duration of stay is 3 weeks. I am not sure how can I resolve this)

- Personal asset and financial status
( I am doing well reputed job and my salary is also highwage as a indian salary scale. I put my last 3 months salary slip and job letter. I am holding around C$ 3000 in my personal account, c$10000 with my spouse joint account in india and around c$4500 in my spouse acc in canada. I am not holding my personal house or land. What I can provide to resove this one? )

I also put provisional both side travel itinenary.

Please someone suggest me how can I solve this points given by immigration officer.

Thanks,

Monty

mitalqa

Jan 10, 2016
yes I am working full time. I put my employment letter and my last 3 months salary slip as well. I also put no objection letter from my employer.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Unless you address the reasons for previous refusals + your personal/professional situation changes, there's no point in reapplying.

Travel History
( I have never travel abroad before. So I am not getting any idea about how can I resolve this point?)
There's nothing you can do about this point. Travel history only shows the visitor has a history of returning to his/her home country.

And, unless your previous travel was to US/UK/Schengen, etc (countries with stringent visa assessment procedures).... travel to *tourist-friendly* countries like Singapore, Thailand, Dubai/UAE, Mauritius, etc will not count as Travel History.

Family ties in canada and country of residence
( I clearly mention my spouse detail who is in canada on student visa,
It could be difficult to get a TRV if one's spouse lives in Canada.

Family Ties refusal reason means you have stronger ties to your family in Canada versus those in India = greater possibility to overstay your visit = TRV refusal

Are your parents dependent on you financially or for their well-being?
Do you live with your parents and your brother at the same address?

Personal asset and financial status
( I am doing well reputed job and my salary is also highwage as a indian salary scale. I put my last 3 months salary slip and job letter.
Did you submit a leave approval letter stating you will have your job when you return?
Are you a government employee?
Do you have a must return by date event, for example, project completion, appraisal/promotion, wedding in the immediate family? With proofs

3 months salary slip is inadequate proof of your employment ties. You must submit: Employment letter + 6 months salary slips + leave approval letter + 2 years ITRs + at least 6 months bank statements confirming that your savings match your earnings etc

- Purpose of Visit
( I clealy mention that My purpose of Canada visit is to visit my spouse, my sister-in-law and brother-in-law and to celebrate my and my spouse birthday (febuary 15 and Febuary 26) together as well as to explore various attraction in Canada.
Wanting to celebrate your/your spouse birthdays together is not a strong reason to visit.

Did you prepare a detailed day-by-day itinerary of activities/tourist places that you'd like to visit with expense estimates (local travel, meals, entry fees, shopping, etc).... and prove that you have the money to pay for this itinerary + airfare?

I am holding around C$ 3000 in my personal account, c$10000 with my spouse joint account in india and around c$4500 in my spouse acc in canada.
CAD 3000 is inadequate for a visit to Canada.

Did you have any large, last-minute deposits in either of your bank accounts?
Does your spouse send you money i.e. for the joint bank account?
Do you have financial investments like FDs, RDs, shares/mutual funds, EPF, PPF, LIC, etc?
Can you withdraw money from the joint bank account without your spouse's signature?
Did your husband provide a letter stating you can withdraw XXX amount from the joint bank account for your Canada visit?

I am not holding my personal house or land. What I can provide to resove this one?
Do you have a lease/rent agreement in your name?

Cheers

mitalqa

Jan 10, 2016
Hi Bryanna,

Thank you for your reply.

Are your parents dependent on you financially or for their well-being?
Do you live with your parents and your brother at the same address?
- No they are well-being
- I am living at my husband's house with his family ( House owned by my father-in-law)

Did you submit a leave approval letter stating you will have your job when you return?
- yes I included leave approval letter stating date when i will returning to job

Are you a government employee?
- No I am working in private company.

3 months salary slip is inadequate proof of your employment ties. You must submit: Employment letter + 6 months salary slips + leave approval letter + 2 years ITRs + at least 6 months bank statements confirming that your savings match your earnings etc
- I included employment letter + leave approval + 3 month salary slip. I just put my last balance certificate provided by bank, but not 6 months statement.

Wanting to celebrate your/your spouse birthdays together is not a strong reason to visit.

Did you prepare a detailed day-by-day itinerary of activities/tourist places that you'd like to visit with expense estimates (local travel, meals, entry fees, shopping, etc).... and prove that you have the money to pay for this itinerary + airfare?
- I just mention tourist places names where we are planning to go but not day by day itinerary.

CAD 3000 is inadequate for a visit to Canada.

Did you have any large, last-minute deposits in either of your bank accounts?
- I put around c1000 1 month before submiting file, c$2000 already in my account.

Does your spouse send you money i.e. for the joint bank account?
- No, This money already in our joint account since last few months before

Can you withdraw money from the joint bank account without your spouse's signature?
- Yes I can withdraw full amount from joint account without my husband's singature.

Did your husband provide a letter stating you can withdraw XXX amount from the joint bank account for your Canada visit?
- No, We didn't put this type of letter

Do you have a lease/rent agreement in your name?
- No, I don't have any lease/rent agreement. But I have agreement with my employer, This agreemnet stat that I can't leave job before completing 2 year in company ( I put this agreement in my file ).

Preet_S

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you have strong ties to canada that is one of the reason because your spouse is in canada. i would recommend to order GCMS notes and see what are the exact reasons.

i was in similar situation till last year my spouse got three visitor visa rejections.i applied for GCMS notes and found few things applied again for open work permit and my spouse got visa.

one more thing GCMS notes you cannot apply from india so your spouse need to apply from canada. Fees is only $5 for GCMS notes.

ShinLee

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016 for Sponsor; 28-02-2017 for Applicant
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 25-11-2016
File Transfer...
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-11-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-07-2017
Sorry, what does GCMS? Thanks

Preet_S

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
https://gcmsnotes.ca

read this link. GCMS notes actually will give detail description of your case.

nandu23

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Hello,

Did you apply again?
Did you get the visa

I am in same situation as you, please let me know if there is any change in your situation

thnaks

patel14

Sep 3, 2016
i recently refused for visitor visa and i want to fight against this decision in federal court but i dont know it is possible ya not if possible let me know how ?

Please help me urgently

M

mikeymyke

Why were you refused? What documents did you provide in your visa application?

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
patel14 said:
i recently refused for visitor visa and i want to fight against this decision in federal court but i dont know it is possible ya not if possible let me know how ?

Please help me urgently
That's a lot of work just to try and reverse a visitor visa decision. If it were an immigrant visa decision, I could understand, because the stakes would be much higher. But visitor visa? All it allows you to do in Canada is spend your own money.

Someone who wants to take all this trouble just for a visitor visa is not a genuine visitor. It looks like you're somebody who is desperate to get into Canada at any cost. That is, you're an intending immigrant, so your visitor visa was correctly refused. You don't qualify for it.