+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa refused... re-applying

happymama

Jun 26, 2013
Hello,
We recently invited my sister-in-law to come visit us over the summer and her visa was refused (the details/reasons are still pending as we were just advised).

Can we re-apply, and if so is there a recommended time to wait? Are her chances slimmer for an approval or, if additional documents are provided, is there still a chance for a positive outcome?

I wouldn't want to jeopardize her chances by re-applying too early. Anyone have any feedback or success stories for re-applying after a refusal?

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated!

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
You can re-apply right away if you want.. But I would only do it if you have additional new information to give. Re-applying with the exact same information as before will not make a difference. So wait until you get the reason for refusal and address them by providing additional proof

Good luck! :)

nexgenprise

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
please wait until you have the reason for denial. When you say "You were just advised" ? How was that? Could please provide the details/

happymama

Jun 26, 2013
My sister-in-law finally sent us an e-mail explaing the reasons for the refusal:

1- Your travel history
2- Purpose of your visit
3-Your current employment situation
4- Your personal assets and financial status

We'd like to re-apply and submit as much additional information as we can. That being said for some of the points mentioned above I think we can find something but for others it'll be a bit hard.

1- Her travel history: she's a citizen and resident of Cuba and has never travelled abroad before. Cuba very recently opened it's borders and now allows it's citizens to travel freely as long as a Visa is obtained from the visiting country. She doesn't have a travel history based on this. Can we just submit a letter explaining? Will that suffice?

2- The purpose of her visit: my husband and I enclosed a letter for her to submit with her application clearly stating the plans we had. We didn't include specific places... just general (visit odd places in and around the city we live in). Should we specify places we intend on going? Will it help if she also submits a letter explaining why she wants to visit (this wasn't included in the original application).

3- Her current employment situation: she submitted a letter from her employer indicating that she currently works for company ABC. I'm not sure how much more details was included. Would it help to have a letter specifying the dates she started, how much she's currently getting paid, and also stating that they are allowing her to take a vacation during the dates specified on her app and that she will be returning to work on such-and-such a date?

4- Her personal assets and financial status: she doesn't own any property as she lives with her parents and she doesn't have a bank account (this is commonplace in Cuba). She does however have a full time job and makes a monthly salary. Should she submit something indicating this? We (my husband and I) have also indictaed in our letter of invitation that we would take full responsibility for her expenses and finances for the duration of her trip. We also included T4s showing our income as a family.

As mentioned above we want to re-apply and we fully understand that it doesn't guarantee a positive outcome even if we submit new information but we want to try. That way we can say we tried, accept it and move on.

Any opinion?... thanks in advance

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1- Her travel history: she's a citizen and resident of Cuba and has never travelled abroad before. Cuba very recently opened it's borders and now allows it's citizens to travel freely as long as a Visa is obtained from the visiting country. She doesn't have a travel history based on this. Can we just submit a letter explaining? Will that suffice?

yes this will be a valid point.

2- The purpose of her visit: my husband and I enclosed a letter for her to submit with her application clearly stating the plans we had. We didn't include specific places... just general (visit odd places in and around the city we live in). Should we specify places we intend on going? Will it help if she also submits a letter explaining why she wants to visit (this wasn't included in the original application).

yes this will help,write complete program, where she would stay, ownership of apartment or lease, sight seeing, fun recreation, family reunion, show financial strength of hosts.

3- Her current employment situation: she submitted a letter from her employer indicating that she currently works for company ABC. I'm not sure how much more details was included. Would it help to have a letter specifying the dates she started, how much she's currently getting paid, and also stating that they are allowing her to take a vacation during the dates specified on her app and that she will be returning to work on such-and-such a date?

this is weakest point, they want good salary, tax papers, bank statement, certificate of deposit, property ownership. they call it links to home country, these link take back a candidate to home country.

4- Her personal assets and financial status: she doesn't own any property as she lives with her parents and she doesn't have a bank account (this is commonplace in Cuba). She does however have a full time job and makes a monthly salary. Should she submit something indicating this? We (my husband and I) have also indicated in our letter of invitation that we would take full responsibility for her expenses and finances for the duration of her trip. We also included T4s showing our income as a family.

the parents property is considered as child property because child has inheritance right to property. Bank account and savings are important point. Even if u will say that u will pay for her, from returned ticket to medical, food , travel, insurance etc etc visa officer will not be impressed, he wants to see that invitee is also well off in home country.

As mentioned above we want to re-apply and we fully understand that it doesn't guarantee a positive outcome even if we submit new information but we want to try. That way we can say we tried, accept it and move on.

Very little chance that VO will change his mind. this is my personal opinion, but u may try your luck. wish you good luck.

happymama

Jun 26, 2013
nehamerchant said:
...visa officer will not be impressed, he wants to see that invitee is also well off in home country.
While I understand the VO's want to ensure the potential visitor has funds for their stay I don't necessarily think they need to be "well off". Very few Cuban nationals would fall into this category as would many individuals from other countries. I know of several other Cuban citizens that have been granted a visa that do not have a bank account nor any assets to their name with the invitee covering all of their expenses.

I thank you for your input!

Apr 21, 2015
Hi
I have applied for visitor visa 2 time to meet my brother who leaves in canada for past 2yrs.I would liked to meet him but my visitor visa refused by visa officer 2 times because of travel history, fund and purpose of visit can anyone tell how much fund I have to show n what was the purpose of visit n that travel history is compulsory.
Please suggest my how can I apply again n when or they will consider my previous file.