Jul 8, 2024
Applied for brother from India 3 times.
First time refused for
1. Financial reason not satisfied
2. Don't believe will leave Canada

Second time
1. Lack of significant family ties outside

Third time 1. Financial reason not satisfied

They're playing around with this financial reasons because second time they were satisfied with it. He's visiting for 1 month to see my son who is 5 now and never met.

I called and they told me they're concerned about finances. (I make over 50k and he works in India). They told me to make and enquiry for reconsideration.

I applied for an enquiry for reconsideration based on the fact I believe they made a mistake with financial reasons. It's been 3 weeks and nothing. I don't think they're even going to look at the application again.

Next steps for me?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
First time refused for

Second time

They're playing around with this financial reasons because second time they were satisfied with it. He's visiting for 1 month to see my son who is 5 now and never met.

I called and they told me they're concerned about finances. (I make over 50k and he works in India). They told me to make and enquiry for reconsideration.

I applied for an enquiry for reconsideration based on the fact I believe they made a mistake with financial reasons. It's been 3 weeks and nothing. I don't think they're even going to look at the application again.

Next steps for me?
Either you reapply or you appeal the decision with the help of an immigration lawyer.

How much in proof of funds did your brother himself show?

Reactions: Farah761

Farah761

Jul 8, 2024
Either you reapply or you appeal the decision with the help of an immigration lawyer.

How much in proof of funds did your brother himself show?
We showed his pay slips but what I'm saying is the second time they never had a issue with it. And my salary was 40k at the time and now the third time it's over 50k salary and now they have a financial concern?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We showed his pay slips but what I'm saying is the second time they never had a issue with it. And my salary was 40k at the time and now the third time it's over 50k salary and now they have a financial concern?
Your funds and income are not relevant. Salary and payslips are not cash in the bank. Income is not cash in the bani. How much did he show in his bank account?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
First time refused for

Second time

Next steps for me?
Not mentioning his finances in the second refusal doesn’t mean there weren’t concerns. The agent may have just selected their top concern that time from the options available. His liquid funds and ties to India are what re important. Would add 50k is not a lot even if it was a factor in approval.

Farah761

Jul 8, 2024
Your funds and income are not relevant. Salary and payslips are not cash in the bank. Income is not cash in the bani. How much did he show in his bank account?
Would showing how much cash in the bank he has help? I'm reading other people's comments about sending everything in like bank statements and they're still not approving it. I also have coworkers (same salary as me) bring their sisters on first try who are teenagers with no money. And btw they accepted my mothers visa just not my brother.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would showing how much cash in the bank he has help? I'm reading other people's comments about sending everything in like bank statements and they're still not approving it. I also have coworkers (same salary as me) bring their sisters on first try who are teenagers with no money. And btw they accepted my mothers visa just not my brother.
Your brother is an adult so has different visitor requirements than a child who is dependent on their parents’ profile and funds to determine whether they get to visit Canada. There is a much higher risk that a younger adult has minimal ties to their home country and tries to remain in Canada.

Farah761

Jul 8, 2024
Your brother is an adult so has different visitor requirements than a child who is dependent on their parents’ profile and funds to determine whether they get to visit Canada. There is a much higher risk that a younger adult has minimal ties to their home country and tries to remain in Canada.
They're 19. They're adults.

Farah761

Jul 8, 2024
So how can my brother visit? You said teenagers have minimal ties to their home country wouldn't that make it harder for them? but my brother is 30 not 19. I'm not sure what you mean actually.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So how can my brother visit? You said teenagers have minimal ties to their home country wouldn't that make it harder for them? but my brother is 30 not 19. I'm not sure what you mean actually.
Teenagers, under 22, are considered dependants of their parents. @canuck78 never said that teenagers have minimal ties. Their ties to return are dependant on their parents’ profile and funds. Unfortunately, single males in their 30s have a difficult time getting approved because they have no family ties to return. So they need absolute proof to return and must show their own funds and not those of family members. If he had travel history to the US, UK, NZ or AUS he would have a higher chance of approval.

Visit - two weeks
Funds - his own that supports stay, $20k
Return - has been in a longer term job and has a job letter with approved leave, business, investment properties
Travel history - UK, US, NZ, AUS
Invitation letter - explain what he will do and that he will fund his own trip

Get GCMS notes and don’t apply for at least 6-8 months. He has 3 refusals and IRCC will think he is desperate to come to Canada

Farah761

Jul 8, 2024
Teenagers, under 22, are considered dependants of their parents. @canuck78 never said that teenagers have minimal ties. Their ties to return are dependant on their parents’ profile and funds. Unfortunately, single males in their 30s have a difficult time getting approved because they have no family ties to return. So they need absolute proof to return and must show their own funds and not those of family members. If he had travel history to the US, UK, NZ or AUS he would have a higher chance of approval.

Visit - two weeks
Funds - his own that supports stay, $20k
Return - has been in a longer term job and has a job letter with approved leave, business, investment properties
Travel history - UK, US, NZ, AUS
Invitation letter - explain what he will do and that he will fund his own trip

Get GCMS notes and don’t apply for at least 6-8 months. He has 3 refusals and IRCC will think he is desperate to come to Canada
Thank you. I really appreciate this information. Now my only concern is that he needs to travel with my elderly mother because of her age and she doesn't speak English. I'm worried that her visa will expire before he may get his. Also he will never have 20k in the bank at one time. The average salary in India is 5k a year. He has a professional career that he's been working since 10 year as well.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you. I really appreciate this information. Now my only concern is that he needs to travel with my elderly mother because of her age and she doesn't speak English. I'm worried that her visa will expire before he may get his. Also he will never have 20k in the bank at one time. The average salary in India is 5k a year. He has a professional career that he's been working since 10 year as well.
$20k is an estimate. How much did he show in his bank accounts because reason was funds?

Farah761

Jul 8, 2024
$20k is an estimate. How much did he show in his bank accounts because reason was funds?
We just showed his salary in pay slips from his employer. I also showed my NOA if that matters because I was going to pay for everything.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We just showed his salary in pay slips from his employer. I also showed my NOA if that matters because I was going to pay for everything.
Salary is not funds. He needs to show his bank statements to support his visit. Your NOA is not funds either nor is relevant. You paying for everything is a red flag for IRCC since he is 30 Years old.

Farah761

Jul 8, 2024
Salary is not funds. He needs to show his bank statements to support his visit. Your NOA is not funds either nor is relevant. You paying for everything is a red flag for IRCC since he is 30 Years old.
Thank you for you information.