+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Re-apply

eiskafee

Oct 17, 2021
Hi, I applied visitor visa for my parents (From Pakistan) 2 years ago, it is still in processing. Canada website says if you applied before September 7, 2021, you should re-apply. We have a GCKEY account but it doesn't have an option to re-apply. The new IRCC portal doesn't ask for old application number or UCI etc, which means I will have to add ALL the information for both parents again. They did biometrics when I originally applied. Anyone has an idea or direction on best way to approach this, shall I simply reapply on IRCC and mention old application numbers or is there another way? Much appreciated. To make things worse, Pakistan visitor visa processing time is now more than 300 days.... which is so weird. Thanks

ShaneF

Dec 29, 2020
Hi, I applied visitor visa for my parents (From Pakistan) 2 years ago, it is still in processing. Canada website says if you applied before September 7, 2021, you should re-apply. We have a GCKEY account but it doesn't have an option to re-apply. The new IRCC portal doesn't ask for old application number or UCI etc, which means I will have to add ALL the information for both parents again. They did biometrics when I originally applied. Anyone has an idea or direction on best way to approach this, shall I simply reapply on IRCC and mention old application numbers or is there another way? Much appreciated. To make things worse, Pakistan visitor visa processing time is now more than 300 days.... which is so weird. Thanks
you need to apply again using latest documents , don't submit the same documents what you submitted 2 years ago. biometrics valid for 10 years and no need to give biometrics again.. i saw a good youtube video on how to apply using new IRCC portal and link as below. check it and you can get some guidance from this video... All the best !!