+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa no response yet

gurpreet1993

Aug 8, 2019
my mother applied for her visitor visa from india on 12th june on 22nd july she got biometric confirmation but after that no response i don’t know what is going on whether she’ll get visa or not. it’s almost 2 months .please help

gurpreet1993

Aug 8, 2019
ok thank you but I am just concerned because first they changed her tracking id number then the number they provided doesn’t show anything means i am unable to open her account and it is almost 2 months when says 12 days.

gbeee

Jun 25, 2019
i have somewhat same situation,
got biometric correspondence from Ontario processing centre after a month but no update after that....

Thito

Dec 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I heard that IRCC is putting stringent measures for Visitor Visa applications from India due to spike in number of fraud cases in documents. It was in the news that they halted processing of applicants for few days last week. I think that is causing the delays. My parent's application is also buried in that pile, hope they get cleared soon..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I heard that IRCC is putting stringent measures for Visitor Visa applications from India due to spike in number of fraud cases in documents. It was in the news that they halted processing of applicants for few days last week. I think that is causing the delays. My parent's application is also buried in that pile, hope they get cleared soon..
Interesting. Would imagine fraud is a constant issue but maybe there is a new fraud method/letter/technique that has recently been an issue.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
From the Globe and Mail article posted above:

In April, 2015, 88 per cent of visa applications from India were approved - Ottawa received 27,600 applications that month.

But by December, 2018, Canadian immigration authorities were receiving more than 58,000 applications each month and approval rates had dropped to 40.8 per cent.
Didn't think tourist visa approval rates for any country would dip to below 50%, so yikes.

gbeee

Jun 25, 2019
if anyone knows... can i withdraw an application so that i can use the fees for my next application, my intended date for travel to canada for attending wedding is almost here so i am considering why waste the fees as ;
1. my reason to apply trv was to attend the wedding ,, which i think wont be possible anymore
2. why keep on paying the department for their incompetence, now if they manage to delay the process to pass the wedding date then they might say your purpose of travel is no longer valid so thank you so much for paying us for doing nothing ...

p.s processing time is 12 days .. been almost a month

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
if anyone knows... can i withdraw an application so that i can use the fees for my next application, my intended date for travel to canada for attending wedding is almost here so i am considering why waste the fees as ;
1. my reason to apply trv was to attend the wedding ,, which i think wont be possible anymore
2. why keep on paying the department for their incompetence, now if they manage to delay the process to pass the wedding date then they might say your purpose of travel is no longer valid so thank you so much for paying us for doing nothing ...

p.s processing time is 12 days .. been almost a month
Fees cannot be withdrawn.

Processing times posted on the website are estimates and not a promise or guarantee.

Not sure why the department is incompetent? Each application is different. Some countries take longer to provide background information when requested by Canada. Some countries, like the one being discussed here, have issues as a whole (here being a country who produced too many fraudulent documents) resulting to all of its citizens being held under more stringent scrutiny.

gbeee

Jun 25, 2019
Fees cannot be withdrawn.

Processing times posted on the website are estimates and not a promise or guarantee.

Not sure why the department is incompetent? Each application is different. Some countries take longer to provide background information when requested by Canada. Some countries, like the one being discussed here, have issues as a whole (here being a country who produced too many fraudulent documents) resulting to all of its citizens being held under more stringent scrutiny.
i get your point and i even agree with it to some extent. Not trying to go on a rant or a vent out session ,i mean i would have no problem with whatever the outcome to the file VO gives .... its just that there should be a provision where i could request that they let me withdraw application since my purpose is no longer valid & i wont be needing the visa as it is.. so in future i could use the fees again and also not ruin my file by a rejection because vo process took so long that my purpose was no longer a valid one.