+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa IMM5257 mistake

Osamahassan

Apr 3, 2022
Hi, I recently applied for a visitor visa for me and my mom from outside Canada a few days ago. However I just noticed a mistake on the IMM5257E form I had already submitted for both my and my mother’s applications. Under the “Family Name” in the “personal details” section, I wrote the full names (First name, Middle name and family name) and left the “Given Names” section empty.

How big of an issue is this and how can I fix it? Would this be grounds for rejection or is it a minor mistake? Thanks!

Osamahassan

Apr 3, 2022
Hi, yes I did have it resolved! I sent the IRCC a message through the webform on their website describing my issue and they reached back to me and asked me to attach the corrected Forms by email. You can find the web form in this link
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp#q2
You click on “Tell us more”, choose the country you applied in and explain your situation. Hope that helped! :)

Raja160510

May 11, 2022
Thanks for the reply.

I did raise a webform but my biometrics is scheduled on 16th May, will it be any issue?
Can I resolve this is biometric centre?

Fenson

Apr 12, 2023
Hi, Could you please share how long it took them to reach out to you and solve the issue? and did they sent yoy another biometric letter with coorect names? Thank you so much!

Fenson

Apr 12, 2023
Hi, Could you please share how long it took them to reach out to you and solve the issue? and did they sent yoy another biometric letter with coorect names? Thank you so much!