+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa help !

Yocar

Jun 28, 2016
Hi, Bryanna

Greetings of the season !

Thank you for your guidance. I got my Canada visitor's Visa but since it came too late I had already planned for holidays in singapore with my family so I didnt go to canada. Now I wanted to apply for my wife and Daughter's visitor's Visa since they are planning to vsit in feb 2017 during toronto family day events so i am planning to apply their visa next month as it takes abt 2 month's for Visa.

My wife is Housewife and my daughter is 19months Old my sister in canada also blessed with baby Boy last year and now he is 16 month's.old. I am going to submit invitation Letter from my sister for my wife and daughter I have Fixed deposits with my wife in joint name for about 8000 cad and 5000 cad Balance in my saving Acc i will submit my income tax return documents and Salary slips along with covering Letter confirming all travelling and other expenses will be born by me.

My daughter had travelled to Singapore last month with us and also holds Valid 5 years USA visitor visa.
My wife travelled to canada with me previously and Usa as well she also holds Valid 10 years USA visitor visa.

I have a doubt that since I got visa but I have not travelled and now my wife is planning to visit with my 19 month's daughter Alone will that be a problem? Also she is House wife will that be a negative point??? Pls guide as always.

Thank you in advance and God bless you !!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I remember your case :)

1. What is the validity of your TRV?

2. What will your wife state as the purpose of her visit? And for how long will she visit?

3. I assume you and your wife have a joint bank account. Right? Is it possible to increase your savings by a bit more?

4. Are the FDs locked-in or can be liquidated, if required?

5. What ties can your wife show: A joint lease agreement? Any property ownership? Any dependent family members?

6. Does she have any compelling reason to return by a specific date?

7. How long did she stay in the US and Canada on previous visits?

8. Can you include evidence to show you cannot travel with them for this visit?

You can check if she is eligible for CAN+ processing

Cheers

Yocar

Jun 28, 2016
Hello !!!

Thank you for quick repsonse.

1. What is the validity of your TRV?
My TRV valid till Passport validity approx 6 years

2. What will your wife state as the purpose of her visit? And for how long will she visit?
My wife and my sister both blessed with baby in 2015 so they wanted to meet and spend time together since they are good friends and my sister's elder son's 5th birthday celebration during that time ..max stay for 3 weeks

2. I assume you and your wife have a joint bank account. Right? Is it possible to increase your savings by a bit more?
Me and my wife hold joint fixed deposits not savings acc also my wife holds add on credit card with limit of appprox 5000 cad.

3. Are the FDs locked-in or can be liquidated, if required?
Yes it can be liquidate anytime

4. What ties can your wife show: A joint lease agreement? Any property ownership? Any dependent family members?

We are staying with my wife ‘s family after baby so no agreement in place. Also one of property Owned by me only since i bought that before marriage technically no dependent apart from my mother in law since she is widow and her brother is student and one sister is working

5. Does she have any compelling reason to return by a specific date?
As per discussion with my sister there are family day events in toronto during 2nd week of feb 2017 and max she will stay for 3 weeks. No compelling reason as such apart from spending some time with each others toddler's

7. How long did she stay in the US and Canada on previous visits?
Canada stay was for 3 months and usa stay was for 1 week .
also we vsisted Australia for 10days on holiday few years back and travlled to Singapore and Thailand multiple times on short holidays befor having baby.

8. Can you include evidence to show you cannot travel with them for this visit?
I don’t have leaves so i cant Travel with her. My leaves are scheduled for july 2017 for 2 weeks.
Or shall i apply together later for July will that be a negative or positive ?

You can check if she is eligible for CAN+ proces
I have Consultant who do my holidays booking and visas but he has never done can+ so i am stuck on that also my baby didn't visited canada previously so will he be eligible as well for can+ ??

Have a Rocking day and December !!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

My wife and my sister both blessed with baby in 2015 so they wanted to meet and spend time together since they are good friends and my sister's elder son's 5th birthday celebration during that time ..max stay for 3 weeks
You'll have to prepare a more solid day-by-day itinerary.... because Family Day/ birthday celebrations/ toddlers wanting to meet each other..... are not strong reasons to visit.

Me and my wife hold joint fixed deposits not savings acc also my wife holds add on credit card with limit of appprox 5000 cad.
Do add your wife as a joint bank account holder before she applies. Not just for the FDs. Currently, your wife does not have any finances of her own to pay for the visit.

An add-on credit card does not prove her financial credibility. It proves your financial credibility because you are liable to pay the dues that she incurs on the add-on card.

Owned by me only since i bought that before marriage technically
Have you included your wife as a co-owner?

Is it rented? If yes, you can include the rental income to her available funds

from my mother in law since she is widow and her brother is student and one sister is working
Are they dependent on your wife for any reason? If yes, can she submit evidence for this?

Is there any specific date by which your wife must return? For any family event or for something else?

Canada stay was for 3 months and usa stay was for 1 week .also we vsisted Australia for 10days on holiday few years back and travlled to
Singapore and Thailand multiple times on short holidays befor having baby.
Do prepare a Travel History explanation: In a table format, give visa details, entry/exit dates, purpose of visit for each visit.

Unfortunately, Singapore and Thailand do not count as travel history. But you can include it nonetheless.

I don’t have leaves so i cant Travel with her. My leaves are scheduled for july 2017 for 2 weeks.
Can you include evidence for this?

Or shall i apply together later for July will that be a negative or positive ?
Your wife does not have any strong ties to your home country. If she applies in July 2017, it may work against her as you can travel with her.

Presently, you are her family tie. But again, as you already have a TRV, you must prove that work commitments do not allow you to travel presently + your wife must show other good reasons to return to her home country.

I have Consultant who do my holidays booking and visas but he has never done can+ so i am stuck on that also my baby didn't visited canada previously so will he be eligible as well for can+ ??
As your wife has visited Canada (in the last 10 years??) + has a valid US visa, she may be eligible for CAN+.

Your daughter may be eligible for CAN+ too if she has a valid US visa.

Their CAN+ eligibility, of course, depends on their nationality. It's pretty easy and straightforward to apply under CAN+.... no separate forms

Cheers

sbnath

Nov 11, 2016
Dear Mr.Bryanna

This is sbnath. I have reapplied for temporary visit visa to Canada as per your advise (our discussion in a different thread). Thanks for guiding me.

Now, I have a situation. When I reapplied on 23 Nov 2016, through VFS-Qatar, they told me to submit my passport also, as they thought this time CIC will process my application immediately and issue my visa.

I told them that I will do a short visit to India by first week of Dec and I need passport for travelling from Qatar to India. They said that CIC will process within 10 days.

And they also said, if I dont get back my passport before 03 dec, I can send a mail to CIC-Abudhabi through them and collect my passport. Later I can send the passport once I return from India or wait till CIC asks my passport.

As per their advise, I submitted my passport along with all the documents.

Now am worried,

1) how CIC will treat my case later. Will the officer get upset (as I am collecting passport and returning etc., taking their time and process) and reject my documents.

2) if so, to be on the safer side, do i need to specify in my passport return request letter to CIC, that I am visiting India on an emergency etc. (which is not actually true. I am going to India to attend my exams, I have a hall ticket too).

Please advise.

My sincere thanks for your support.

Cheers
Sbnath

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@sbnath

Hope you mentioned about your passports/passport issue in your application. I would not have applied until you had your passport issue sorted. Anyway.

1. No, the visa officer will not get upset if you request your passport to be returned to travel to another destination :) :)

2. No, you do not need to explain about your India visit. You can simply request for your passport to be returned and mention that you will re-submit your passport later.

Note:
1. Taking your passport back/resubmitting it can delay the processing of your application

2. Do check with VFS-Qatar if you can submit photocopies of your current + previous passports (this seems to be acceptable in the Middle East). This way your TRV processing can continue in the meanwhile

fari22

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Bryanna said:
@ sbnath

Hope you mentioned about your passports in your application. I would not have applied until you had your passport issue sorted. Anyway.

1. No, the visa officer will not get upset if you request your passport to be returned to travel to another destination :) :)

2. No, you do not need to explain about your India visit. You can simply request for your passport to be returned and mention that you will re-submit your passport when you return

Note: Taking your passport back/resubmitting it can delay the processing of your application
Bryannas Please Check Inbox