+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa got refused for younger brother! what to do now ?

bhaveshmailin

Feb 18, 2011
Hi Folks,

here are the details:

I am PR, living in canada for over 7 years, working as a manager making around 80k CAD , have a balance of 20k CAD, Invited my brother to visit canada, actually we (both brothers) want to go on road trip from Toronto to Vancouver.

My brother has masters degree in education
Business with income of more than 500k inr ( over 7 years)
Job over 200k ( over 4 years) pay stubs, form 16, ITR were attached,
International Tour ; Recently visited to China for Business purpose
Including Bank statement ( business account) Salary account and other accounts were attached ( over 28k cad)
has a property over 50 Lac in India
Has old parents, who had been to canada once and returned to India before the time.

shown reasons to come back to India are , Old parents who are dependent on him also business, property and job.

I have taken all responsibility to sent him back on my Notrized Letter of Invitation.

the rejection reason is : he will not return to india, after his stay!!!

what else I can show, so they can understand that he will go back to India.

would MP's letter of support help ?

Please advise ?

Regards,
BhaveshShah

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Folks,

here are the details:

I am PR, living in canada for over 7 years, working as a manager making around 80k CAD , have a balance of 20k CAD, Invited my brother to visit canada, actually we (both brothers) want to go on road trip from Toronto to Vancouver.

Including Bank statement ( business account) Salary account and other accounts were attached ( over 28k cad)
Has old parents, who had been to canada once and returned to India before the time.

shown reasons to come back to India are , Old parents who are dependent on him also business, property and job.

I have taken all responsibility to sent him back on my Notrized Letter of Invitation.

Please advise ?

Regards,
BhaveshShah
A letter from an MP will be of no help. The letter where you took responsibility for him doesn't help either.

How long a trip did he request to Canada? Did he include property ownership papers? Did he include a letter of leave from his employer? Has he previously traveled to any countries requiring visas such as the US and UK?

oldenuf

Mar 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
20/07/2017
when did you submit the application?

bhaveshmailin

Feb 18, 2011
We did submitted letter of leave from employer
he has not travelled to US or UK only to China, and Indians need visa for China as well.
yes we submit proof of ownership of property

we submitted application on 15dec, 2018 and on 20th we got the refusal.

the only reason was mentioned in refusal letter was "He would not return to India!"

He only asked visa for a month! thats all

please help!

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am PR, living in canada for over 7 years, working as a manager making around 80k CAD , have a balance of 20k CAD,
Your finances are secondary.

Invited my brother to visit canada, actually we (both brothers) want to go on road trip from Toronto to Vancouver.
Did your brother submit a detailed day-by-day plan for this road trip + did he prove he has the finances to afford this road trip including hotels, travel (in addition to airfare for the return flights to India)?

Business income cannot be shown as personal income because it includes costs for operating the business, taxes, etc,

Did he prove his business is actively trading?
Is it a sole proprietorship? Does he own this business alone?
Did he submit proofs for the business registration, business tax returns, etc?

His salary is extremely low salary if the currency is INR. This would also be pre-tax salary, right?

It is extremely easy for Indians to get business visas to visit China, sometimes in about 1-2 days.

Again, business bank balances cannot be included for a personal visit abroad especially if it is a sole proprietorship business.

Does your brother have any financial investments?
Does he have credit cards (not debit cards)?

Did he purchase this property with his own finances or was it recently transferred to him by another family member?

bhaveshmailin

Feb 18, 2011
We did not shown the day to day plan but shown rough plan for road trip from Toronto to Vancouver via banff Jasper and Lake Louis .

Also ,yes he has submitted proof of business ragistration, Income Tax Return for last 3 years ,personal account with over 25k CAD ownership proof of house which he bought about 5 years back from Builder.

Showing total of 28K cad + fixed deposit of 3 LAC which is two year old !

I also submitted my financial documents ( 20 K CAD ) my T4s my offer letter. My affidavit to support him with his expenses and assurance to send him back once he will be done with his trip!

What else should put ?

Please advise!

Regards

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
We did not shown the day to day plan but shown rough plan for road trip from Toronto to Vancouver via banff Jasper and Lake Louis .

Also ,yes he has submitted proof of business ragistration, Income Tax Return for last 3 years ,personal account with over 25k CAD ownership proof of house which he bought about 5 years back from Builder.

Showing total of 28K cad + fixed deposit of 3 LAC which is two year old !

I also submitted my financial documents ( 20 K CAD ) my T4s my offer letter. My affidavit to support him with his expenses and assurance to send him back once he will be done with his trip!

What else should put ?

Please advise!

Regards
Again, business finances cannot be included as available funds for a personal visit. It is also easy to see that the math does not add up whether it is the purchase of your brother's property or the bank balance in his savings account... if one considers his salary + his business income

bhaveshmailin

Feb 18, 2011
Firstly, Thanks a Lot Brayana for the reply.

Secondly, His business is ( sole Proprietorship), also his majority of funds are ( over 22k cad ) in his personal accounts. if they dont want to consider the property what are the options ?

now what would bring the change to our case ? should I go to MP to get involved and support letter ?

what should i add in the file which will get my brother visa ?

Please advise.

mas123

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-o
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13march
AOR Received.
15april
Med's Request
15april
Med's Done....
21april
Passport Req..
7 may 2015
Hi Folks,

here are the details:

Please advise ?

Regards,
BhaveshShah
Hi brother apply for judicial review with good lawyer u definitely gona get visa
Thank u its happen with my relative to after judicial review they approve visa

mas123

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-o
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13march
AOR Received.
15april
Med's Request
15april
Med's Done....
21april
Passport Req..
7 may 2015
Hi Folks,

here are the details:

Please advise ?

Regards,
BhaveshShah
Fedral court

bhaveshmailin

Feb 18, 2011
I appreciate all replies to my question. I would even appreciate if @mas123 you could suggest me some lawyers name who could give me some advise and can take care of our case?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Hi brother apply for judicial review with good lawyer u definitely gona get visa
Thank u its happen with my relative to after judicial review they approve visa
There is absolutely no guarantee he would receive a TRV from a Judicial Review. If and it’s a big “IF”, the courts chose to accept a JR, the only review if the decision made by IRCC was valid in law. Even if they find in your favour, all it essentially means is that the application is sent back to IRCC to be reassessed by a different visa officer. If the application was weak from the start, IRCC can simply refuse it again. It’s a significant amount of money to spend on a process that is long and holds no guarantee.

Reactions: Bryanna

bhaveshmailin

Feb 18, 2011
There is absolutely no guarantee he would receive a TRV from a Judicial Review. If and it’s a big “IF”, the courts chose to accept a JR, the only review if the decision made by IRCC was valid in law. Even if they find in your favour, all it essentially means is that the application is sent back to IRCC to be reassessed by a different visa officer. If the application was weak from the start, IRCC can simply refuse it again. It’s a significant amount of money to spend on a process that is long and holds no guarantee.

so what should I do ? please advise

mas123

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-o
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13march
AOR Received.
15april
Med's Request
15april
Med's Done....
21april
Passport Req..
7 may 2015
I appreciate all replies to my question. I would even appreciate if @mas123 you could suggest me some lawyers name who could give me some advise and can take care of our case?
Donal greenbum north york