+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for Wife Biometrics request?

harryguta32

Jan 8, 2021
Hello All,

After I got married on 20th. I applied for a visitor visa for my wife on 1st Dec, 2020. We got a biometrics request but on their website it says biometrics is not open for visitor visa yet. Is there anything I can do other than waiting?

Thanks
Harry

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She can go to another country or wait. Since you got married, apply for spousal sponsorship which may take just as long.

harryguta32

Jan 8, 2021
She can go to another country or wait. Since you got married, apply for spousal sponsorship which may take just as long.
I applied for the Spousal visa already. Thought it would take anywhere from 6-12 months.
Would you know which countries are doing biometrics for Visitor Visa for Canada? She is in India right now. Thanks in advance.

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can you tell more on this ? i want to apply PR for my parents and also visitor visa, am I allowed to do both at once ? I know visitor visa is on hold currently, so i dont want to waste time on both, which ever comes first, my parents are not doing well in current covie situations, all our siblings dont live in our home country, so they are left out and depressed..Ideally I want the visitor visa to be approved soon for them to at least visit first, but also a PR application

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
can you tell more on this ? i want to apply PR for my parents and also visitor visa, am I allowed to do both at once ? I know visitor visa is on hold currently, so i dont want to waste time on both, which ever comes first, my parents are not doing well in current covie situations, all our siblings dont live in our home country, so they are left out and depressed..Ideally I want the visitor visa to be approved soon for them to at least visit first, but also a PR application
Visitor visa is not on hold, definitely not for Immediate family members of Canadians and Permanent Residents.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can do both. So have you applied for their visitor visa because processing is 6+ months. Once they get BVL letter they can get biometrics in any country. Were you accepted for the PR lettery for your parents or you want to apply for them when it opens in 2021.

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Visitor visa is not on hold, definitely not for Immediate family members of Canadians and Permanent Residents.
is it not for only compassionate reasons ? but all the other posts, I see they are writing that they are travelling to Dubai to get biometrics..

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can do both. So have you applied for their visitor visa because processing is 6+ months. Once they get BVL letter they can get biometrics in any country. Were you accepted for the PR lettery for your parents or you want to apply for them when it opens in 2021.
I didnt apply the PR for them , I dont know where to start, can you give me a link ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I didnt apply the PR for them , I dont know where to start, can you give me a link ?
It is not open for 2021. It is a lottery so you may or may not be selected. If selected it will take more than a year as parents have been waiting who were selected in 2019.

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is not open for 2021. It is a lottery so you may or may not be selected. If selected it will take more than a year as parents have been waiting who were selected in 2019.
what is it called ? to check about it in the website.. also is it that I cant apply for it now ? only when they open it ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
what is it called ? to check about it in the website.. also is it that I cant apply for it now ? only when they open it ?
it is called Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship program (PGP). The lottery for 2020 applications was just held a few weeks ago. You can only apply when they open it for applications then it is based on a lottery. Some families are never chosen.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
is it not for only compassionate reasons ? but all the other posts, I see they are writing that they are travelling to Dubai to get biometrics..
Compassionate reasons for travel would be if someone had died in Canada or was very sick in the hospital. Your parents are just normal travellers. You’ll need to research to see if you meet the requirements to sponsor your parents. Your income must be above a certain amount of 3 years.

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Compassionate reasons for travel would be if someone had died in Canada or was very sick in the hospital. Your parents are just normal travellers. You’ll need to research to see if you meet the requirements to sponsor your parents. Your income must be above a certain amount of 3 years.
is it that i can just apply for the visitor visa now and they dont have to travel. Its just for an emergency need.