+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Spouse - 2019

Das@loc

Apr 24, 2018
Hello Experts,

I need expert advise on sponsoring Visit visa for my wife. My daughter and son in law are PR holders. My wife wants to visit them this summer, its been more than 2 years since they visited us. I am in army and my previous plans to visit went in vain due to change in posting here.

Now the Scenario is I want to sponsor my wife (Home Maker) for a short visit (around 15 days). My wife's Father & mother along with Grand mother all stay with us so during her absence, I will take care of them. Visit will be cut short for just two weeks (for this reason), visiting family and visit places around Toronto. My question is around Documentation. Apart from standard docs, I am planning to provide the below to sponsor her. Will this suffice, Please suggest.

• Letter of Financial Support
  • Gift Deed with Notary stamp for the amount deposited in my wife's account (Joint Account).
  • 6 Months Bank Statement
  • Form 16
  • ITR
  • Agriculture Ownership certificate (Wife's Name)
  • Copy of Passport for relationship proof
  • Temp Itinerary

Last edited:

Das@loc

Apr 24, 2018
Any inputs will be very helpful? BTW Plan is for this summer.

Last edited:

Das@loc

Apr 24, 2018
Sorry to bother. Has anyone applied/sponsored for their spouse and got TRV approved?

Das@loc

Apr 24, 2018
I checked with few of my known friends who have already gone through this exercise. I was told that below needs to be submitted along with standard docs and that should work. Anyone has come across this scenario, Please share.

Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter
Proof of Means of Financial Support.

JLTcan

Apr 25, 2018
Mate,

You should be able to show proof of financial support for your spouse. I see that your wife's father, mother and Grand mother are all dependent on you and your spouse. This can be considered a tie back to home country.

Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter.
Your daughter or son in law can send you an invitation letter signed by both with below docs.
  • PR Copy
  • Passport Copy
  • Bank Statement copy + NOA copy.

Proof of Means of Financial Support
You should include a Letter of Financial Support for your spouse along with below docs.
  • 6 Months Bank statement
  • 2 years tax assessment
  • Show Liquid Cash for your Spouse travel and stay
  • Show any other investments if you have.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Das@loc

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Experts,

I need expert advise on sponsoring Visit visa for my wife. My daughter and son in law are PR holders. My wife wants to visit them this summer, its been more than 2 years since they visited us. I am in army and my previous plans to visit went in vain due to change in posting here.

Now the Scenario is I want to sponsor my wife (Home Maker) for a short visit (around 15 days). My wife's Father & mother along with Grand mother all stay with us so during her absence, I will take care of them. Visit will be cut short for just two weeks (for this reason), visiting family and visit places around Toronto. My question is around Documentation. Apart from standard docs, I am planning to provide the below to sponsor her. Will this suffice, Please suggest.

• Letter of Financial Support
  • Gift Deed with Notary stamp for the amount deposited in my wife's account (Joint Account).
  • 6 Months Bank Statement
  • Form 16
  • ITR
  • Agriculture Ownership certificate (Wife's Name)
  • Copy of Passport for relationship proof
  • Temp Itinerary
1. Your wife must include evidence that her parents and her grandmother live with her at the same address + they are dependent on her financially or for their well-being.

2. Does your wife file Form J? Does she earn an income from the agricultural land? Any loans or mortgages in her name? Vehicle or farm equipment? Does she manage the agricultural land?

3. IMO, a two week visit could seem a bit unusual. Maybe 3 weeks' visit with a detailed day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates.

4. Hope your wife is able to prove adequate finances for her visit + there were no transfers from someone else to your bank account

Das@loc

Apr 24, 2018
Mate,

You should be able to show proof of financial support for your spouse. I see that your wife's father, mother and Grand mother are all dependent on you and your spouse. This can be considered a tie back to home country.

Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter.
Your daughter or son in law can send you an invitation letter signed by both with below docs.
  • PR Copy
  • Passport Copy
  • Bank Statement copy + NOA copy.

Proof of Means of Financial Support
You should include a Letter of Financial Support for your spouse along with below docs.
  • 6 Months Bank statement
  • 2 years tax assessment
  • Show Liquid Cash for your Spouse travel and stay
  • Show any other investments if you have.

Hope this helps.
Thank you JLTcan. Appreciate your inputs.

Das@loc

Apr 24, 2018
Thank you for your inputs Bryanna. My responses inline, appreciate your help.

1. Your wife must include evidence that her parents and her grandmother live with her at the same address + they are dependent on her financially or for their well-being.

I am not sure what document to showcase to establish the dependency factor. Any suggestions please

2. Does your wife file Form J? Does she earn an income from the agricultural land? Any loans or mortgages in her name? Vehicle or farm equipment? Does she manage the agricultural land?

Well the income from Agriculture is below the basic limit and its tax exempt so we don't file for them. Yes my Wife manages this part. We might be able to showcase Ownership or Income Certificate for the Agriculture land.

3. IMO, a two week visit could seem a bit unusual. Maybe 3 weeks' visit with a detailed day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates.

Two or 3 weeks was our intentions, I will work on the itinerary with all details.

4. Hope your wife is able to prove adequate finances for her visit + there were no transfers from someone else to your bank account
My Salary account is a Joint account with her so that should take care of the finances. I have another Pension account (not joint account) from my previous army posting for which I get good monthly amount which can also be showcased.

Please let me know if any additional docs required.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My Salary account is a Joint account with her so that should take care of the finances. I have another Pension account (not joint account) from my previous army posting for which I get good monthly amount which can also be showcased.

Please let me know if any additional docs required.
1. Evidence that her parents/grandmother live at the same address and are dependent on her: You'll need to tell us what you can include.

2. Evidence of her managing the agricultural land

3. For the joint account: You must include a letter authorizing her to use X percentage of that bank balance for her visit

4. Any evidence of reasons to return: Scheduled family event, or minor surgery of her parents, business or legal matter, etc

Das@loc

Apr 24, 2018
1. Evidence that her parents/grandmother live at the same address and are dependent on her: You'll need to tell us what you can include.

2. Evidence of her managing the agricultural land

3. For the joint account: You must include a letter authorizing her to use X percentage of that bank balance for her visit.

Is it advisable to transfer funds from my other bank account to the Joint account with a Letter of support or a gift deed for this purpose. Please advise?

4. Any evidence of reasons to return: Scheduled family event, or minor surgery of her parents, business or legal matter, etc
Thank you for the advice, I will start working on the documentation. Please help me with Point 3.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you for the advice, I will start working on the documentation. Please help me with Point 3.
Gift deed and/or transferring from the other bank account are not required. You would need to submit your ITRs as well. Do ensure the funds in your bank account + your investments match your ITRs and your declared sources of income