+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa for single mother

Aman421

May 29, 2020
Hi everyone
We just got our PR recent and plan to travel in march mid and i would love to take my mother along with us. is there any possibility to get her visit visa and she can travel with us on tourist visa for six months after that we will apply her super visa. Its hard to leave mother in India as she is single mother. Please guide .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone
We just got our PR recent and plan to travel in march mid and i would love to take my mother along with us. is there any possibility to get her visit visa and she can travel with us on tourist visa for six months after that we will apply her super visa. Its hard to leave mother in India as she is single mother. Please guide .
To be approved for a visitor visa, she will need to demonstrate strong ties to her home country to show she is only a temporary visitor to Canada and has no plans on remaining long term. Generally in situations like yours, we recommend that you travel to Canada and live in Canada for 6-8 months before having her apply for a TRV. If you apply now, the chances of refusal are generally significantly higher since it can look like she is trying to move to Canada with you rather than just being a temporary visitor and a genuine tourist.

However if you want to apply now, you can certainly try. Note that processing times for TRVs from India are around 250 days right now.

Reactions: Islander216

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
noted if I arrange sponsorship from one of my known then chances are higher or not.
I don't understand your question.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i meant if i arrange sponsorship one of my known for my mother then what are the chances.
I don't understand what you mean by sponsorship and "one of my known for my mother".

Your mother needs to qualify for the TRV on her own and based on the strength of her own profile. IRCC will look at things like ties to her home country (e.g. property she owns, assets, etc.), they will look at her past travel (if she has previously visited countries requiring visas like the US and UK), if she has sufficient funds to pay for her visit, etc.

Reactions: Aman421

Aman421

May 29, 2020
I don't understand what you mean by sponsorship and "one of my known for my mother".

Your mother needs to qualify for the TRV on her own and based on the strength of her own profile. IRCC will look at things like ties to her home country (e.g. property she owns, assets, etc.), they will look at her past travel (if she has previously visited countries requiring visas like the US and UK), if she has sufficient funds to pay for her visit, etc.
Thanks for the prompt revert

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would add that she has to apply for the supervisa from her home country so she will need to return home. Supervisa is also based on income earned not salary which is why many only qualify after 1+ year. No matter what your mother is only allowed to visit not move with you to Canada. She will need to be prepared to return home at a certain point. Applying to sponsor your parent usually doesn't happen after 3 years. There is huge demand for limited spots.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Also realized she wouldn't be able to travel with you because you aren't PRs yet. She wouldm't meet the travel restrictions. After you land she'll qualify if she gets a TRV.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you have COPR? If so you can’t travel unless you got it before March 18, 2020. Also you haven’t landed so your mom couldn’t travel with you as you aren’t PRs yet.

Visitor visa takes 8+ months to process. Until you are PRs & under current travel restrictions, she can’t travel on a visitor visa.

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Thanks everyone. as per your opinions there is no chance
What they're looking for is ties to country of residence i.e. the candidate for a visitor visa has investments or other links that will ensure that she will return to the country of residence. So the questions you have to ask yourself are:

1) Does she have travel history to countries in Europe (UK or the Schengen Area preferably) or the US?
2) Does she have property and significant investments in her name in her country of residence?
3) Does she have other children residing in her country of residence (Is her husband deceased)? If she doesn't have other children (young kids preferably) or a husband, then her ties are weak.

If she answers yes to the first 2, her chances for getting a TRV are high. Otherwise I wouldn't bother applying.