+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for parents

Sharan99

Oct 8, 2019
Hi
I am a international student in canada from last 2 nd half years.
I wanna apply my parents visitor visa, i have a invitation letter from my college.
My dad is a govt employee in railway, india. My mom is a house wife.
I have one younger brother he is 15 years old.
Can some one suggest me which documents i need to apply for visitors visa for 3 of them ?
Thank you very much

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Along with School invitation letter , Your parents should clearly state in his letter , while applying that he is a Govt employee and necessarily would be returning back along with his Salary slip , Copy of his Identity Card ( If possible ) and other reasons ( such as assets For ties to his home country ) . Visitor Visa have not been generally refused for any parent of student on study permit if he is in Govt service in India especially in Group A or Group B level or at other Level . Ties back to Home country becomes more believable in that case .

Sharan99

Oct 8, 2019
Along with School invitation letter , Your parents should clearly state in his letter , while applying that he is a Govt employee and necessarily would be returning back along with his Salary slip , Copy of his Identity Card ( If possible ) and other reasons ( such as assets For ties to his home country ) . Visitor Visa have not been generally refused for any parent of student on study permit if he is in Govt service in India especially in Group A or Group B level or at other Level . Ties back to Home country becomes more believable in that case .
Thank you very much
Can you suggest me how much funds should enough for 3 of them ?

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
He can show his savings in bank ,GPF etc , so as to be decent enough to cover for their expenses during their stay at Canada and be back. There are no hard and fast rules but it should be at least in some multiple to cover the expenses for everyone.

Sharan99

Oct 8, 2019
He can show his savings in bank ,GPF etc , so as to be decent enough to cover for their expenses during their stay at Canada and be back. There are no hard and fast rules but it should be at least in some multiple to cover the expenses for everyone.
Should i need to show anything ??

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
If you have funds , you can also give your proof along with a letter that you will be supporting him . However do remember that there could be chance of a single entry visitor visa if you sponsor. For long term consideration it is always better if he can show funds on his own . You can additionally add through your proof and supporting letter.

Sharan99

Oct 8, 2019
If you have funds , you can also give your proof along with a letter that you will be supporting him . However do remember that there could be chance of a single entry visitor visa if you sponsor. For long term consideration it is always better if he can show funds on his own . You can additionally add through your proof and supporting letter.
All right, yeah he will show funds 15,000$ will be enough for 3 people or not ??

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
yes , I think that is sufficient for visit . You can additional give your proof and supporting letter that in case of any need/emergency you will be support him . Also tell him to mention that your brother is in school in India and would be returning back.

Sharan99

Oct 8, 2019
yes , I think that is sufficient for visit . You can additional give your proof and supporting letter that in case of any need/emergency you will be support him . Also tell him to mention that your brother is in school in India and would be returning back.
Thank you very much for your quick response.
Appreciated ☺