+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for parents

Nidhi19820406

Jan 8, 2018
Hi,

We are a couple with a daughter on a work visa in Canada. Our annual income is around CAN$ 85,000. My wife works part time approx 6-10 hours a week @ $14 / hr.

We want to invite my in-laws ( mother & father ) both are retired but have savings in India. They also have a family and a own a home back there ( Son / Daughter in law and Child ).

How much funds should we show in our bank account to be able to successfully get a visa approval.

Also can you please guide on the important documents we must necessarily have.

Thanks,
Nidhi

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

We are a couple with a daughter on a work visa in Canada. Our annual income is around CAN$ 85,000. My wife works part time approx 6-10 hours a week @ $14 / hr.

We want to invite my in-laws ( mother & father ) both are retired but have savings in India. They also have a family and a own a home back there ( Son / Daughter in law and Child ).

How much funds should we show in our bank account to be able to successfully get a visa approval.

Also can you please guide on the important documents we must necessarily have.

Thanks,
Nidhi
The most important aspect is for your in-laws to demonstrate that they have adequate finances and strong ties in India to return home to. Your finances are secondary/supplementary for TRVs/visitor visas.

These ties include:
Employment/business/consultancy post-retirement or if they volunteer for charity/social causes/religious activities + property ownership documents + good financial situation + family ties (their married son would not count as family ties to return to unless he/his wife/their child are dependent on your in-laws financially or for their well-being), etc

Also, do keep the visit to 3-4 weeks max. + include an overseas travel medical insurance policy for the duration of their visit (refundable, date change allowed although this is not mandatory for TRVs)

Nidhi19820406

Jan 8, 2018
The most important aspect is for your in-laws to demonstrate that they have adequate finances and strong ties in India to return home to. Your finances are secondary/supplementary for TRVs/visitor visas.

These ties include:
Employment/business/consultancy post-retirement or if they volunteer for charity/social causes/religious activities + property ownership documents + good financial situation + family ties (their married son would not count as family ties to return to unless he/his wife/their child are dependent on your in-laws financially or for their well-being), etc

Also, do keep the visit to 3-4 weeks max. + include an overseas travel medical insurance policy for the duration of their visit (refundable, date change allowed although this is not mandatory for TRVs)
Thanks for the reply. They live with their son and take care of his child back in India. They do have financial documents like FD etc. Would it be advisable that their son also writes a letter and states that they live with him and they take care of his child back home. Also I can get letters from personal acquaintances in the society club where they participate.

Is it ok if I show $10,000 in my account as I am inviting them , they will be able to show a simillar or more amount in their FDs as well. Plus my father ion law receives pension, do you thing all these documents plus the ones you mentioned above should be enough?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for the reply. They live with their son and take care of his child back in India. They do have financial documents like FD etc. Would it be advisable that their son also writes a letter and states that they live with him and they take care of his child back home. Also I can get letters from personal acquaintances in the society club where they participate.
1. Do post the list of documents they intend to submit. BTW letters won't help, evidence would.

2. Are they key members of the society committee or a social club?

Is it ok if I show $10,000 in my account as I am inviting them , they will be able to show a simillar or more amount in their FDs as well. Plus my father ion law receives pension, do you thing all these documents plus the ones you mentioned above should be enough?
You can submit your most recent bank statement + your NOA.

1. Do they have liquid finances?
2. Are the FDs locked in (cumulative interest payable on maturity) or can be liquidated if required?
3. Do they have any other financial investments/sources of income: Rent + pension (you've mentioned this) + any retirement benefits + shares, including dividends+ mutual funds + RDs?
4. What is the purpose of their visit and for how long?

Nidhi19820406

Jan 8, 2018
1. Do post the list of documents they intend to submit. BTW letters won't help, evidence would.

2. Are they key members of the society committee or a social club? - NOT KEY MEMBERS

You can submit your most recent bank statement + your NOA.

1. Do they have liquid finances?- YES THEY DO
2. Are the FDs locked in (cumulative interest payable on maturity) or can be liquidated if required? - WE CAN GET THAT DONE.
3. Do they have any other financial investments/sources of income: Rent + pension (you've mentioned this) + any retirement benefits + shares, including dividends+ mutual funds + RDs? - YES THEY DO
4. What is the purpose of their visit and for how long? - WE ARE EXPECTING A BABY SO JUST FOR MORAL SUPPORT. THE VISIT WOULD BE 3 MONTHS.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Three months is far too long a visit unless they have extensive past travel to countries requiring visas such as the US and UK. You should request 2-3 weeks instead.

Nidhi19820406

Jan 8, 2018
Three months is far too long a visit unless they have extensive past travel to countries requiring visas such as the US and UK. You should request 2-3 weeks instead.
Thanks for your response. Yes they have traveled to UK & Switzerland in the past for over 4 months each country. Should this be ok then?