+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for parents rejected twice and want to reapply

Jun 3, 2013
Hi, my brother applied for my parents multiple entry visitor visa last year and it was rejected for reasons (family ties and financial reasons). I and my brother both live in Canada (in different provinces) and we dont have any other sibling back home (india). This year my brother applied for their super visa, attached invitation letter, NOA of past two years, bank balance and my parents attached their bank documents, IT returns, details of assets etc. The super visa was rejected. Two reasons given were (1) I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.. (2) You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your/your host's income and assets. My brother's this year's income met the LICO (for 3 persons), although he had less income than LICO, last year.

I would like to get advice on whether now, I should apply for their visitor visa or not? I am currently pregnant and want to invite them for 2-3 months. Will it make sense to apply for their visitor visa from my side giving the reason of pregnancy. Can somebody suggest if there is any chance in getting it approved as it was rejected 2 times. I also want to mention that they applied for a visitor visa in 2008 and had successfully got a TRV for 6 months. They only spent about 28-30 days in Canada and then went back to India. Apart from this, they have not travelled anywhere else.

Please suggest if I should apply for a trv for them, is there a scope? what options do I have ?

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your parents have been refused twice already, there's a strong likelihood a third application won't be successful either. The fact that both you and your sibling are in Canada weakens your parents' ties to India. That being said, if you feel you can present a stronger case (more proof of funds, etc.), then you can always try again.

shutams

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
Hi,

I heard somewhere not to state the pregnancy reason to invite your parents , I am sharing what I did but that time I was on work permit and I invited my mother in law to help us during my wife's pregnancy. I invited her to come for name ceremony function and I got affidavit from lawyer stating that she will return to her country after 2 months.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have an idea:

Your brother invite your dad and you invite your mother to come to Canada to visit respectively. That means your parents would have to apply separately. :D

Jun 3, 2013
Hi thanks to all for taking out time to reply. I am on work permit. I can show more funds than my brother , about 3 times more (around 39k cad) but my parents will still have only around 8 lakhs to show. I don't know if showing more funds from my side going to make a diff, but still trying to gather information on this.

It is stressful and disappointing as well. What do u suggest about letter from mp?

Inviting them separately can also be thought about, thanks for the idea.