+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for my brother and family

Metu_13

Dec 20, 2023
Hi,

I am a Canadian Citizen, and have been in Canada since 2013. I have worked for almost all the time here, but am not working since November 2023.

I want to apply for visiting visa for my brother and family. He is very well settled in India, and owns property as well.

Will my being unemployed right now affect the chances of getting their visa approved?

Please advise.

Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Your
Hi,

I am a Canadian Citizen, and have been in Canada since 2013. I have worked for almost all the time here, but am not working since November 2023.

I want to apply for visiting visa for my brother and family. He is very well settled in India, and owns property as well.

Will my being unemployed right now affect the chances of getting their visa approved?

Please advise.

Thanks
Your brother needs to apply for his visitor visa. You can provide a letter of invitation and it's more important for him to show his finance, work, tie to home country ...etc

For your family (spouse and children), you can help them to apply for visitor visa. But it's hard to proof tie to their home country when you are living in Canada.
Are you planning to sponsor your spouse and children? May be that's a better route?

oh. and if you actually mean your brother and his family, then he can include them in his visitor visa application. But when the whole family travels that weaken his tie to home country.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It is your brother and his family applying so they need to show their own funds, travel history, ties to home country and reasons to travel. You can send a letter of invitation .

Pratyay909

Dec 8, 2023
Your

Your brother needs to apply for his visitor visa. You can provide a letter of invitation and it's more important for him to show his finance, work, tie to home country ...etc

For your family (spouse and children), you can help them to apply for visitor visa. But it's hard to proof tie to their home country when you are living in Canada.
Are you planning to sponsor your spouse and children? May be that's a better route?

oh. and if you actually mean your brother and his family, then he can include them in his visitor visa application. But when the whole family travels that weaken his tie to home country.

for me same case my brother in TRV VISA STUDENT HE PROVIDED ME HIS INVITATION LETTER i mention according to your statement AND MY VISA GOT APPROVE ON 16 DECEMBER

Reactions: pawanjot

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
for me same case my brother in TRV VISA STUDENT HE PROVIDED ME HIS INVITATION LETTER i mention according to your statement AND MY VISA GOT APPROVE ON 16 DECEMBER
You seem to have gotten very lucky and likely part of some bulk approval because your application was not very strong. You may run into issues on your arrival in Canada if your brother is a student with 1k in the bank and you don’t have proof of strong ties to India like a good job, property ownership, a spouse or children in India, significantly more money in your bank account. There will be concerns that you may attempt to remain in Canada

Pratyay909

Dec 8, 2023
Bro I live in uae I am resident of UAE I attached my house property and I have attached my business profile with licence copy and previous job experience and even back in India I have fd in my name I also attach that and my indian bank account and business bank account of uae I also attached I also mention in cover letter everything clearly that I have family ties I am not married and even i attached my brother bank statement and house rental copy also.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Bro I live in uae I am resident of UAE I attached my house property and I have attached my business profile with licence copy and previous job experience and even back in undia I have fd in my name I also attach that and my indian bank account and business bank account of uae I also attached I also mention in cover letter everthing clearly that I have family ties I am not married
Not a bro first of all. Those who comment on your posts typically look back at other posts especially recent posts to get a better history. You are actually still quite lucky to have gotten approval because it is hard to get approval for a TRV when living in a 3rd country especially in the gulf region. Proving that you have strong ties to your home country is hard if you live in a 3rd country. IRCC is also aware the residency in gulf countries is tied to employment so many want to secure citizenship in Canada so they can secure options other than their home country. Applying with your brother also should have lead to a denial or request to reapply without your brother. Your application was approved in error, you can not have your adult brother as part of your TRV.

Reactions: kadir.ayubi
Oct 18, 2024
Canada Family Visa Requirements
One of the world's friendliest countries when it comes to family reunions is Canada. The Family Sponsorship Program, which allows citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their family members to become permanent residents of Canada, is one aspect of the country's immigration laws. This program is an essential first step for those who wish to resettle in Canada with their family and live a new life together. This post will go over the procedures and requirements for obtaining a family visa in Canada.

Comprehending the Student Visa for Canada
Study permits, also referred to as Canadian student visas, are given by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and permit foreign students to enroll in courses at approved learning institutions (DLIs) across Canada. Although the actual visa is frequently stamped in your passport, the study permit is a different document that specifies the terms of your stay while you are a student.

Canada Family Visa Requirements Important Points:

Necessary if spending more than six months studying in Canada.
Not a visa in and of itself; depending on your nationality, you may additionally require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).
Good for the whole term of your study program plus an extra ninety days.

Qualifiability Standards
In order to be qualified for a Canadian Study Permit, candidates need to fulfill the necessary requirements:
1.Letter of Acceptance: A DLI letter verifying your enrollment in a program is required.
2.Proof of Financial Support: Provide evidence that you have enough money to support yourself and any family members traveling with you to Canada.
3.No Past Offenses: must present a certificate of police clearance if needed.
4.In good health: You might need to get checked out.
5.Desire to Leave Canada: You have to persuade the immigration officer that you intend to depart Canada after your studies are finished.

Essential Records For Canada Family Visa
  • Acceptance Letter from a DLI Accompanying Valid Passport or Travel Document
  • Evidence of Monetary Assistance:
  • Bank records
  • letters of scholarship
  • Proof of sponsorship financing
  • Photos the size of a passport
  • Elucidate your motivation for studying in Canada and how it aligns with your professional goals in your Statement of Purpose.
  • Results of the medical exam: if necessary.
  • Certificate of Police Clearance: If necessary.
  • If you are traveling with family, provide proof of your relationship.
  • Appointment Confirmation via Biometrics

Holders of Canada Student Visa: Their Rights and Duties
1.Study: Go to class and work on the course you've selected.
2.Work: You may work on campus without a work permit during semesters, off campus for up to 20 hours a week, and full-time during breaks that are arranged.
3.Travel: During the duration of your permit, re-enter Canada.
4.Extend Stay: If necessary, apply to have your study permission extended.

Accountabilities:
Keep Your Full-Time Status: Continue your full-time enrollment in the program.
Observe all local, provincial, and federal laws with respect for Canadian law.
Report Modifications: Notify the IRCC of any changes to your study program, address, or financial circumstances.
Get out of Canada: When your study permit expires, leave Canada or request an extension.

Canada Family Visa Requirements Fees

Depending on the kind of visa and number of family members, there are different fees for family visas to Canada. An overview of typical family-related visa fees is provided below:

1. Applications for Sponsorship (Canada Family Visa Class)
These fees apply if you are sponsoring a spouse, partner, child, parent, or other family member to enter the country permanently under the Family Class:

• $75 CAD is the sponsorship fee per application.
  • $490 CAD is the principal applicant processing fee.
  • $515 CAD is the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF).
  • Each person's biometric fee is CAD $85
  • Extra Family Members (Child Dependent): CAD $150 each

2. Super Visa for Parents and Grandparents
Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents are permitted to remain in the country for a maximum of two years at a time with a Super Visa.

• $100 CAD is the application processing fee per applicant.
  • Each person's biometric fee is CAD $85
3. Visa for Temporary Residency (TRV)
For family members who are momentarily in Canada (such as tourists or brief visits):

Visas for single or multiple entries cost $100CAD each.
Canada Family Visa Requirements: CAD $500 (maximum) for up to five applicants enrolling simultaneously

Securing a Canadian student visa is a crucial first step on the path to a fruitful academic and career endeavor. You may increase your chances of getting your visa approved by being aware of the qualifying requirements, carefully preparing your application, and keeping yourself updated at every stage of the procedure. For international students, Canada provides a dynamic and encouraging atmosphere that opens doors to job prospects, academic success, and personal development.

For more information visit our website:- https://tnacanadaglobal.com/familyvisa