+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for mother & sister, rejected!

KS23

Dec 11, 2015
Hi,

I applied for a visitor visa for my mother and sister, which was rejected today. What should I do so that it doesn't get rejected the second time.

Reasons for rejection

1.Travel history- No travel history
2. Personal assets and financial status- $ 10000 CAD(joint account father & mother) , property deed for the house (on mother's name), sister's employment letter, mom is a housewife.
3.Length of proposed stay in Canada- 4 weeks for sister, and 2 months for mother
4.You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets- my bank statements, letter of employment, pay stubs (6 months), valid Work permit
along with the letter of invite stating I will bear all expenditure (food, tickets, accommodation, medical insurance etc)

And I provided a letter from doctor stating that I am expecting a baby in May.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The length of stay is too long for individuals with no travel history. If you apply again, go with 2-3 weeks for both your mother and sister.

fantas8

Feb 11, 2016
2 to 3 weeks is best, also don't mention you are pregnant, mention they are coming to spend time with your child and tour Canada.

M

mikeymyke

It's fine to mention you're pregnant, as that will provide a "purpose of visit" for your family to arrive, which is to see the child. However its important to inform CIC that your family will NOT be babysitting your child, as that is considered illegal work. Mention that you'll be the one taking care of your child, and that they're only here to spend time with you and your child, and possibly tour Canada. Provide a list of possible places you guys will go to support that.

Also, 2 months is way too long to ask, ask for a few weeks, and you might be lucky enough that they'll grant her a longer period of stay. As for personal assets, perhaps your mother's is fine, but your sister's is not. As for the documentation for the host, you should show something like a 2015 T4 slip or 2015 tax return.