+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Aunt

CANVISAMember

Jul 3, 2019
Hi Members,

we are in the process of preparing a visitor visa application for my Aunt. she has some funds deposited in her bank account (~10K CAD) and we have about 40K CAD in savings as well. and she has some assets back home as well. Her entire family is back home but only she could travel (for a short term, less than 3 months). what are the evidences that we attach to prove the relationship (as she is not a direct family member, like parents are children). any advises? also any other thing that we should be aware of in preparing the application.

Thanks.

Last edited:

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hi Members,

we are in the process of preparing a visitor visa application for my Aunt. she has some funds deposited in her bank account (~10K CAD) and we have about 40K CAD in savings as well. and she has some assets back home as well. Her entire family is back home but only she could travel (for a short term, less than 3 months). what are the evidences that we attach to prove the relationship (as she is not a direct family member, like parents are children). any advises? also any other thing that we should be aware of in preparing the application.

Thanks.

What about
- your parents birth certificates / passport naming ur grandparents as their parents
- your parent's as well as aunt 's birth certificate/passport showing common parents

CANVISAMember

Jul 3, 2019
kat3onah post: 7980574 said:
What about
- your parents birth certificates / passport naming ur grandparents as their parents
- your parent's as well as aunt 's birth certificate/passport showing common parents
Thanks for the response @kat3onah

Btw my aunt is my grandfather’s brother’s daughter. Unfortunately i dont have the passport / birth certificates to prove it. Do you think I should write a seperate letter of explanation about this (in addition to the invitation letter).

And do you think a return ticket/ itinerary would be helpful?

Thanks

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019

Btw my aunt is my grandfather’s brother’s daughter. Unfortunately i dont have the passport / birth certificates to prove it. Do you think I should write a seperate letter of explanation about this (in addition to the invitation letter).

Thanks

Hey, you should not write a separate letter of explanation for this. You need to mention everything in your letter of invitation. I applied for a visit visa for my aunt who lives in Pakistan in 2018 and she got a visa within a week and had two previous refusals. I attached my birth certificate and my mother's birth certificate and my aunt's which showed our relationship. The aunt I sponsored for a visit is my mother's sister so it wasn't hard to prove the relation. But in your case, it might be difficult to get your grandfather's info and all. So I would recommend trying to mention the relation in the letter of invitation since you cannot provide the birth certificate and you can mention this in there.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........

Thanks

You can write on the invitation and on the Letter of Explanation (this is a cover letter where you can tell what you want to the Visa Officer).
As for flight itinerary, yes you need to provide one. You don't need to book a ticket right away as this is not advised since you don't know if the visa will be granted. You can provide the one via Expedia (or other booking site) or by accessing an airline website.

psamy

Sep 15, 2014
Hi Members,

Thanks.
Have your aunts visa granted?
can you tell me what are the documents you submitted please ?