+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for a US Citizen spouse

bkjshb

Jul 23, 2013
I need some help!! I need to understand what are the chances of my spouse getting Single or Multiple entry Visa to Canada. I am US Citizen , working in US as an tech. architect earning pretty good, i got married recently with an Indian Citizen.We are planning to do a tourism trip to Canada with her. I am sponsoring the whole trip. Her petition for green card is pending for US Spouse category and expected to have an interview at US consulate in India in next 6 months.

1. First what are the chances of getting a Visitor Visa , I have planned complete itinerary with confirmed ticket and hotel booking and shown $15,000 cashiers check and
2. Should i mention and submit document that her petition for green card is pending and she needs to go back to India for interview.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes of course mention her green card application and prove it with documentation. But I think this will come down to your ability to show you have money in your bank account. You mentioned having $15,000.....I don't know how cashiers checks work but if you have $15,000 submit bank statement showing you have that kind of money. And don't forget to submit letter from your employer showing your term of employment and salary.

bkjshb

Jul 23, 2013
Thanks, Cashiers check is something like Demand Draft can be cashed at any banks in Canada. Apart from that I have shown my bank statement of $20,000 and retirement account. I have also shown Employer letter tenure and salary and location of work.

siroccoon

Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-05-2013
Med's Request
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
24-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2015
Mention her ties with India (property documents, employer letters if any) No matter your GC is in progress, CIC wants to check on the below things.

Valid reason
Travel history
Ties with current country of residence (just to make sure your spouse will leave Canada at the end of stay)
Financials

Cheers.

bkjshb

Jul 23, 2013
I got the visa denied for the spouse. The reasons given

1. Travel History (I cannot do much about this)
2. Proposed length of stay( I can reduce to a month from 2 months)
3. Purpose (Not sure what i need to put, since I have given tourism and visiting friends)..

Do you think it is worth reapplying with reduced length of stay? What are the chances.