+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for a friend

JithenB

Aug 25, 2023
Hello Members,

Can I invite a friend of mine on Visitor visa to Canada. He like to stay here for a month. I am on a closed work permit statying here from last 1.8 years. I have a full time job. What are the documents required by my friend to get a visa. Does he need to show proof of funds?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Members,

Can I invite a friend of mine on Visitor visa to Canada. He like to stay here for a month. I am on a closed work permit statying here from last 1.8 years. I have a full time job. What are the documents required by my friend to get a visa. Does he need to show proof of funds?
You can invite friend but friend must show funds (cash in the bank), ties to return (spouse/child, job letter with approved leave, investments, business), travel history and valid reasons to travel. His funds should be enough to support a visit but not use all savings. You having a job is not relevant.

JithenB

Aug 25, 2023
Is proof of funds is mandatory?
You can invite friend but friend must show funds (cash in the bank), ties to return (spouse/child, job letter with approved leave, investments, business), travel history and valid reasons to travel. His funds should be enough to support a visit but not use all savings. You having a job is not relevant.
Thanks for the reply.
He doesn't have a job but runs a small business for which he can't show any kind of proofs and not even any IT retruns. I am sponsoring his entire travel. He has family of two kids and his wife expired. Reason for travel is to spend some time with me as he is my childhood buddy. Do you think he can get visa?
Does he need to show proof of funds upto $6000 for last six months?

• Haha
Reactions: Bornlucky

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is proof of funds is mandatory?

Thanks for the reply.
He doesn't have a job but runs a small business for which he can't show any kind of proofs and not even any IT retruns. I am sponsoring his entire travel. He has family of two kids and his wife expired. Reason for travel is to spend some time with me as he is my childhood buddy. Do you think he can get visa?
Does he need to show proof of funds upto $6000 for last six months?
Absolutely he has to show funds. How will he get a ticket, see sights, eat etc. No such thing as sponsorship and your funds are not relevant. You funding the whole trip without employment or funds is a red flag the he will not return. He needs to show ties to return. If runs a business then registration, client contracts/receipts, taxes paid etc. $6k of his own funds is not enough for a month, maybe a week.

Reactions: Buletruck

JithenB

Aug 25, 2023
Absolutely he has to show funds. How will he get a ticket, see sights, eat etc. No such thing as sponsorship and your funds are not relevant. You funding the whole trip without employment or funds is a red flag the he will not return. He needs to show ties to return. If runs a business then registration, client contracts/receipts, taxes paid etc. $6k of his own funds is not enough for a month, maybe a week.
Thanks again.