+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa applied online for spouse in China

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Esstee said:
Hi largowinter, want to know what is MP stands for?
MP - Member of Parliament. That is the person representing your area of residence in the Canadian Parliament.

Esstee

Sep 7, 2013
O_guy said:
MP - Member of Parliament. That is the person representing your area of residence in the Canadian Parliament.
O_guy,thank you so much. Plz go through my new post.the refusal details are there.than advise me plz.

largowinter

Sep 5, 2013
O_guy, that is true, but according to local visa companies, they are still processing. The visa centre is open. Current wait times is two weeks.

O_guy said:
largowinter, keep in mind that the visa office in Shanghai is one of the 15 Canadian visa offices where full strike started on July 29th.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
largowinter, I hope you are right. But if that is the case, I wonder why CIC encourages people to apply online TRV.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
largowinter said:
This is just an update for people who might be in a similar situation. So we sent in a letter of withdrawal, where we explained what happened and how we feel that his visa application must have been lost. (This time we are doing it through a visa company who handles Canadian applications.)

As of yesterday, my husband has applied again through the Shanghai visa centre through the use of a representative- the visa company. The whole thing costs more, but at least we have a peace of mind knowing that someone is looking out for our application.

I think, if you can afford it, having a visa company help you with this is not a bad idea. They know the inns and outs and if they've been around long enough- they might even know some of the people who work at the visa centre. My husband was just telling me that if we had a 'connection' or knew someone who worked at the Shanghai visa centre, we could probably get it in four or five days. I don't know if it's like that in other countries, but China does do things like that sometimes.

Anyways I will keep you updated as to when he might receive his visitor's visa.
Rather than using a visa company, I would rather place my paper application directly through the visa centre in the first place and not applying online. It cost less money than using a visa company.

O_guy said:
largowinter, I hope you are right. But if that is the case, I wonder why CIC encourages people to apply online TRV.
Where does it say so? CIC is just giving another avenue for applying.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
O_guy said:
largowinter, keep in mind that the visa office in Shanghai is one of the 15 Canadian visa offices where full strike started on July 29th.
But my wife's relatives got their visa in August!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
Rather than using a visa company, I would rather place my paper application directly through the visa centre in the first place and not applying online. It cost less money than using a visa company.

Where does it say so? Here is exactly where it says so:
Website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
Quote from the site: Visitors, workers and students can apply online for faster processing. Electronic applications give CIC much more flexibility in moving case processing to offices with the capacity to handle them.

So, clearly this is more than just "CIC giving people another avenue for applying". They clearly tell people that it is faster to process if you apply online.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
O_guy said:
Where does it say so? Here is exactly where it says so:
Website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
Quote from the site: Visitors, workers and students can apply online for faster processing. Electronic applications give CIC much more flexibility in moving case processing to offices with the capacity to handle them.

So, clearly this is more than just "CIC giving people another avenue for applying". They clearly tell people that it is faster to process if you apply online.
Well, according to that link, they also encourage people to apply at visa application centres (VACs).

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
Well, according to that link, they also encourage people to apply at visa application centres (VACs).
VACs have absolutely no way of expediting TRV applications, after all, they do not process applications. VACs are important when you live far away from the Canadian Visa office in your country. VACs give you a safe way to submit your TRV applicatin and passport to the visa office.

Online TRV applications allow CIC to to assign your applicatino to visa office which has the manpower to prcoess it. I think this means that CIC would not send your online TRV application to one of the 15 visa offices where full strike started on July 29th.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
O_guy said:
VACs have absolutely no way of expediting TRV applications, after all, they do not process applications. VACs are important when you live far away from the Canadian Visa office in your country. VACs give you a safe way to submit your TRV applicatin and passport to the visa office.

Online TRV applications allow CIC to to assign your applicatino to visa office which has the manpower to prcoess it. I think this means that CIC would not send your online TRV application to one of the 15 visa offices where full strike started on July 29th.
Even if you live several blocks away the Canadian Visa office in your country, it does not mean that VACs are not important. VACs are more than a safe way to submit your TRV application and passport to the visa office. For example, VACs accept local currencies in cash, while visa office or online does not have this option.

Furthermore, if online TRV applications allow CIC to assign applications to visa office which the manpower to process, how do you explain why the OP waited 4 months, but my relative submitted his application via the VAC, only waited several weeks and got the visa?

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:

Let's get back to the original issue. I said CIC encourages people to apply online and you asked "where does it say so?" Now you have the proof where it says so.

The second issue is about processing time. VACs do not have a way to speed up TRV applicatino because they do not process it. However, online applications go straight to CIC and then they decide which visa office has the capacity to handle your application since 15 visa offices are on full strike. Therefore, online TRV is faster than sending your application to VAC.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
O_guy said:
Let's get back to the original issue. I said CIC encourages people to apply online and you asked "where does it say so?" Now you have the proof where it says so.

The second issue is about processing time. VACs do not have a way to speed up TRV applicatino because they do not process it. However, online applications go straight to CIC and then they decide which visa office has the capacity to handle your application since 15 visa offices are on full strike. Therefore, online TRV is faster than sending your application to VAC.
But the same proof also shows CIC encourage people to use VACs!

The second issue - As in my relative' case versus OP's case, VAC is evidently faster than online TRV.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
But the same proof also shows CIC encourage people to use VACs!

The second issue - As in my relative' case versus OP's case, VAC is evidently faster than online TRV.
CIC encouraged people to use VAC because many people live in cities where the visa office is not located.

And what evidence are you speaking about? You fail to use common sense in many different forums. When you submit TRV online, it goes straight to CIC. However, when you submit TRV applicatino to VAC, it gets mailed to the visa office by the VAC. Common sense tells you TRV online application is faster.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
O_guy said:
CIC encouraged people to use VAC because many people live in cities where the visa office is not located.
Again, where does it says so? I would say many people like to do the old fashion way - by submitting paper application at their convenience and pay by cash.

O_guy said:
And what evidence are you speaking about? You fail to use common sense in many different forums. When you submit TRV online, it goes straight to CIC. However, when you submit TRV applicatino to VAC, it gets mailed to the visa office by the VAC. Common sense tells you TRV online application is faster.
What common sense were you speaking about? You fail to see the real picture in many different forums. So the OP submitted TRV online, he had waited 4 months but did not get back his passport directly from CIC. Whereas my relatives submitted the application in the VAC, only waited for several weeks and got their visas! Common sense tells you VAC is faster.

The fact is OP applied visa online and waited 4 months with no results from CIC - refusal or got visa, whereas my relatives applied in VAC, waited several weeks and got the visa. So VAC is faster. Got it!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
The fact is OP applied visa online and waited 4 months with no results from CIC - refusal or got visa, whereas my relatives applied in VAC, waited several weeks and got the visa. So VAC is faster. Got it!
You use isolated cases and think they are the norm. In another forum, you used what one man did as a proof to say people immigrate out of Canada and move to third world countries. And in this forum, you are using your relative's case a proof to say VAC is faster than online.

The fact is, online applications go straight to CIC whereas application that are submitted to VAC go through an extra step. After you submit it to VAC, then VAC mails it to the Canadian visa office responsible for that area. Common sense tells you that online is faster. You look at isolated case and assume it is the norm.