+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Application Problems

Maggie7676

Jun 1, 2024
I'm holding a study visa in Canada and I'm planning to invite my family members(my grandmother and my uncle) to travel in Canada. When I chose the answer of ‘why do you apply the visa’, I selected 'to visit the family who are not listed above' since I wanted them to visit me in Canada. And I got the confirmation letter of IMM5739 instead of IMM5740, which my mom think wrong, as she received IMM5740 for her visit visa before. I was concerned if I applied the visa wrongly? I already filled out the webform but it takes time to receive the feedback. Or should I withdraw the application and apply again?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So your grandmother and uncle each set up their own IRCC accounts to apply (they are not dependant on each other unless uncle is under 22) and signed off on the representative form with you as their representative? IMM5740 is for passport request is it not? Did you google it?

Maggie7676

Jun 1, 2024
So your grandmother and uncle each set up their own IRCC accounts to apply (they are not dependant on each other unless uncle is under 22) and signed off on the representative form with you as their representative? IMM5740 is for passport request is it not? Did you google it?
Thanks for your reply. I set up IRCC account and applied visa for them and I was the representative of them since they don't know English. Now I just don't understand the meaning of IMM5739 and IMM5740. I was wondering does it means I'm wrong if I received IMM5739.