+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa application after submitting Spousal sponsorship application

Pathamah52

Jun 16, 2022
Hi Experts,

I hope you are all doing good. I submitted my wife's sponsorship application on August 03, 2023 while I am in Canada, I have not received AOR yet though I got the application number from application status tracker tool and also confirmed with IRCC agent about the same. (my wife is in India)

Can I submit my wife's visitor visa application with the help of her application number it's self or Do I still need to wait for AOR which usually takes months to appear in the account/Portal.

I would appreciate any help from you all.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi Experts,

I hope you are all doing good. I submitted my wife's sponsorship application on August 03, 2023 while I am in Canada, I have not received AOR yet though I got the application number from application status tracker tool and also confirmed with IRCC agent about the same. (my wife is in India)

Can I submit my wife's visitor visa application with the help of her application number it's self or Do I still need to wait for AOR which usually takes months to appear in the account/Portal.

Need AOR.

Reactions: Pathamah52

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi Experts,

Better to wait not only for AOR but also for Sponsorship Approval. AOR because that will confirm that all of your documents are accepted and inline with whatever was required and complete. Sponsorship Approval - thats another milestone which confirms that your application has progressed further, CIC has not only checked your docs, but sponsor's eligibility as well. How much you will have to wait? Most of the time 45-60days for AOR and then 7 days more SA.

Having said that, nothing is written in stone. If you'd like to try, pls do and keep us all informed.

Reactions: Pathamah52

Pathamah52

Jun 16, 2022
Thank you for your replies. I will wait until I receive AOR and also will wait a week or so to see if i get SA (not sure what SA stands for)

Oct 18, 2021
Thank you for your replies. I will wait until I receive AOR and also will wait a week or so to see if i get SA (not sure what SA stands for)
SA means sponsorship approval. How did u get application number from tracker because PR application does not start to appear in tracker until AOR has been generated.

Pathamah52

Jun 16, 2022
They linked my wife's account with mine. Earlier i created an account on the tracker for me while my pr was in progress. I used the same account to see if the linked it. And i was right. My wife's account and her application was already linked. That's how I checked.