+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor record extension denied because document was uploaded but did not send to Ircc

Aug 10, 2021
Hello,

I'm Luke, Canadian citizen by birth who got married in Brazil and now my wife and two kids are essentially living in Canada with me. My wife is back and forth between here and brazil and does not work here so has just been using the ETA and temporary status. My oldest son is in university with a student permit. My youngest is who I am writing about, he is stil in highschool. He has been here on a visitor record which I applied to extend. After quite some time they requested documents regardingt his mothers status. I went and uploaded it in the application and swear I clicked submit a few weeks ago. Today I got an email saying application refused because I did not provide the document and found the list of documents where it says uploaded - not sent to ircc. Is there anyway to get them to reopen the application considering this is clearly a computer glitch? Anyone have any idea what I can do?

If not I have questions. We will be applying for Inland permanent residency for my wife with my two sons (20 and 17) as dependents. I want to know if it would be wiser to apply for Restoration of status for my younger son before submitting the permanent residency application. Or waiting two weeks or so until we can get the final documents together and applying for permanent residency and then immediately after apply for restoration of status. The decision to refuse the extension application came today, so it seems we have 90 days to apply to restore status but I don't want to wait that long. Any help is massively appreciated.

Luke