+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor record expires in December - PR outland sent

james_baxter

Oct 30, 2013
I have a little complicated situation. I have been in Canada for about 2,5 years now. First I came as a visitor, applied for IEC, had that for a year. After it expired, went back to my home country for a month and then came back here. I'm in Canada with a "visitor record" (I'm from visa extempt country) and when I came, they gave me 6 months and specifically put a mark "no extensions".

During my visit I got married to my boyfriend over 2 years. We just mailed our outland PR application. However, my record will expire december 3rd. I called CIC and they told me I have to leave. Our plan is now that I go to the US for few weeks, then try to come back to Canada (he would pick me up) to wait with him (as we live together). We are also planning to travel to my home country next spring, as my brother is getting married there. I'm so stressed out with this whole situation, it's been almost a year since I had to stop working in Canada. We had to wait with the sponsorship application since I wasn't eligible before - then we decided to get married to get this process going. Now I am just really confused and have really negative mindset - I don't know how long I can take this anymore. I guess I need some help from people with the same kind of experience, or at least some opinions - what do you think about going to the US (instead my home country in Europe) when the application is in? Do you think they will refuse to let me back in Canada if I come back with him?

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Well, "re-entry" is NEVER guaranteed. It depends who you get. How about your trip home next spring, do you have airline tickets for that yet? If you do, perhaps showing that at the border if they have any doubts on you leaving would ease their mind(s).

Oh and, I think you got the idea already but, don't use the word "living" for yourself, stick to "visiting".