+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Record after expired PGWP

Brian1511

Jan 11, 2024
Hi guys, I have a question, My PGWP is expiring in January 26, 2024. I already applied for PNP but still in process. I have 15 days left to action before my PGWP expires.
Should I apply for PGWP extension to buy more time, of course I will get refuse then I will apply for restore my status as visitor? or apply for visitor record right now?
Could you give me advices? Thank you in advance

ljoseph

Jan 4, 2021
HI,
My PGWP is going to expire. So I am planning to apply for visitor status. Do we need to provide a letter of explanation for the visitor record?

Is it okay to give the summary of the letter of explanation while waiting for the Express Entry Decision? Also how much should be the proof of funds? (an approximate amount)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
HI,
My PGWP is going to expire. So I am planning to apply for visitor status. Do we need to provide a letter of explanation for the visitor record?

Is it okay to give the summary of the letter of explanation while waiting for the Express Entry Decision? Also how much should be the proof of funds? (an approximate amount)
Do you have a longterm plan? Many who haven’t gotten PR are all going to apply to change their status to visitors. This isn’t a longterm plan.

ljoseph

Jan 4, 2021
Thanks for your reply. Now I got a good score considering the latest draws in the STEM category. So I am planning to stay until I get an invitation. I am planning for 6 months duration.

Last edited:

Ashish008

Jun 21, 2024
So do we need to apply for visitor record before getting update/decision of pgwp extension or as soon as pgwp expired? As my pgwp expired and currently on applied status.