+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Extension REquest

Dan284

Jun 2, 2011
Okay, my lady and I were finally married in Canada this month. My temporary visitor status is up in a week and Im applying for an extension. Im worried that my request will be denied and I will have to return home. What are some reasons they would deny an extension request? And what could increase my chances of being approved? We are planning to apply for PR status but have not mailed it off(just going over everythnig before we submit). We did pay the first fee just to get it out of the way. Will the receipt be enough to show intent of applying for the PR thus increasing the chances of approving the extension? Thak you in advance fpr any and all help.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
2 different answers to this question.... Are you applying In-land or Out-land? In-land If you file an application with a work permit application you will not need to apply for an extension as long as your application is filed before the expiration of your visitor's visa you will have "implied" status until they reach a decision on your application. If you are filing Out-land you will have to continue to file for extensions as each expires list reason as wanting to remain with your spouse until a decision has been made on your application and yes a copy of the receipt showing fee's paid is the best proof you can send! Good Luck!

Dan284

Jun 2, 2011
Thank you for that. I have another question: On the form it asks for proof of support. Does my wife need to make a certain amount in order for request to be approved? Also, do I need to have a certain amount of funds in my account in order to be approved?