+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor extension financial support letter

Bibiss

Sep 26, 2023
Hello everyone

I’m new here and wished I found this forum long time ago, many questions without replies stress a lot
I came from France with a visitor visa (6 months) to see my boyfriend and meet his parents and eventually apply for a temporary work visa. In the midtime we decided to move from Alberta to Quebec by the US and stay in us 11 days . My visitor visa expired on October 2nd . my boyfriend wanted to know what to write exactly to make a letter for my extension support. He’s a citizen of Canada

My boyfriend called an agent from the border to ask if it was possible to cross the border and go back to restart my visa.
the person was rude and told it was by discretion of any agents
But is that possible ?
The fact we stayed 11 days US reset my visa status ?
I’m apologize for all this questions who may be logical and obvious but between what we read and what they do.

It that too late to apply for extension ?
Also my boyfriend wanna help but can’t proof support on his bank account cause it’s not very good.
His parents are not willing to do a letter it’s a lot of responsibility.

we wish to stay together specially for the holiday coming.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone

I’m new here and wished I found this forum long time ago, many questions without replies stress a lot
I came from France with a visitor visa (6 months) to see my boyfriend and meet his parents and eventually apply for a temporary work visa. In the midtime we decided to move from Alberta to Quebec by the US and stay in us 11 days . My visitor visa expired on October 2nd . my boyfriend wanted to know what to write exactly to make a letter for my extension support. He’s a citizen of Canada

My boyfriend called an agent from the border to ask if it was possible to cross the border and go back to restart my visa.
the person was rude and told it was by discretion of any agents
But is that possible ?
The fact we stayed 11 days US reset my visa status ?
I’m apologize for all this questions who may be logical and obvious but between what we read and what they do.

It that too late to apply for extension ?
Also my boyfriend wanna help but can’t proof support on his bank account cause it’s not very good.
His parents are not willing to do a letter it’s a lot of responsibility.

we wish to stay together specially for the holiday coming.
It's up to the CBSA agent if and how long you are allowed back into Canada. If you are not sure what happened at the border, then the safest thing to do is to apply for a visitor record. Instructions are here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay/apply.html

It is not too late to apply. Make sure you submit the visitor record application before October 2nd.

You will need to show evidence of some kind of funds with the visitor record to prove that you have the money to continue to stay in Canada as a visitor without working. You can provide your own bank statement. That is one option. Your boyfriend could provide his bank statement - although it doesn't sound like this is an option for you since he doesn't have any savings. Alternatively, your boyfriend (I'm assuming he's working) can provide a letter of employment from his employer that lists his job and his salary - and then he can include a letter to say that he is financially supporting you during your stay.

Bibiss

Sep 26, 2023
It's up to the CBSA agent if and how long you are allowed back into Canada. If you are not sure what happened at the border, then the safest thing to do is to apply for a visitor record. Instructions are here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay/apply.html

It is not too late to apply. Make sure you submit the visitor record application before October 2nd.

You will need to show evidence of some kind of funds with the visitor record to prove that you have the money to continue to stay in Canada as a visitor without working. You can provide your own bank statement. That is one option. Your boyfriend could provide his bank statement - although it doesn't sound like this is an option for you since he doesn't have any savings. Alternatively, your boyfriend (I'm assuming he's working) can provide a letter of employment from his employer that lists his job and his salary - and then he can include a letter to say that he is financially supporting you during your stay.
Thank you for your reply, receive a reply reassure me because I don’t know what will happen of me in 4 days
I can’t show my bank statement because they is nothing left unfortunately, our situation got many issues. His job is now door dash full time. I came in Canada to live with him and got support from him as we planned but now we don’t have anything left and I don’t want to be deported and worse

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply, receive a reply reassure me because I don’t know what will happen of me in 4 days
I can’t show my bank statement because they is nothing left unfortunately, our situation got many issues. His job is now door dash full time. I came in Canada to live with him and got support from him as we planned but now we don’t have anything left and I don’t want to be deported and worse
I'm not sure what to suggest in that case. If you want to apply for a visitor record, then you want to show how you are going to support yourself without working for the next several months. If neither of you have any money then I'm not sure how you show this or how you plan to cover your costs of living for the next several months.

Bibiss

Sep 26, 2023
Well my plan is to apply for the temporary visa while they review my application but do you think they’ll review it or denied me right away if I don’t show the document of funds ?

he said he can at least show them how much I earn with delivery

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Well my plan is to apply for the temporary visa while they review my application but do you think they’ll review it or denied me right away if I don’t show the document of funds ?

he said he can at least show them how much I earn with delivery
I don't understand what you mean by "my plan is to apply for the temporary visa". Are you referring to the work permit? Can you clarify through which program you plan to apply for the work permit?

Yes, they can deny your visitor record application if you fail to show proof of funds / financial support in that application.

Bibiss

Sep 26, 2023
Yes for the open work permit
I’m not use the good term and which visa is the most appropriate at my situation I just want to work temporality in Canada for at least one year.

we submit the application this morning I did what you recommend me. He screen shot his last paycheck of his compagnie when you used to work there. He quit in early September.
We pay the fees and they said I’ll take up to 24h I check many times my mail box but nothing yet

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes for the open work permit
I’m not use the good term and which visa is the most appropriate at my situation I just want to work temporality in Canada for at least one year.

we submit the application this morning I did what you recommend me. He screen shot his last paycheck of his compagnie when you used to work there. He quit in early September.
We pay the fees and they said I’ll take up to 24h I check many times my mail box but nothing yet
Open work permits are only granted in very specific situations.

Under which criteria are you applying for an open work permit? You need to know the answer to this question. Most people do not qualify for an open work permit.

The only scenario I can think of where you may qualify for an open work permit is through the IEC / Working Holiday Visa program as a French national. However this is realistically not going to be an option for you this year and there's also no guarantee you will be selected if you apply. These work permits are granted through a lottery. The permits for French nationals have almost all been issued for this year already so you really have no chance of being selected this year. Realistically you will need to wait until next year when the program reopens to submit an entry into the lottery. You will then hope you are selected (there are a limited number of permits available and many are not selected). You will also need to show you have a bank balance of at least $2,500 in Canadian dollars to be approved.

I'll be honest. I feel like you and your BF have not planned all of this very well. I don't see any options for you to apply for an open work permit for at least four months.

You really need to spend much much more time researching and understanding Canada's immigration programs.

Bibiss

Sep 26, 2023
I don’t know the answer but I’ll make deep research.
Indeed the whv is too late and out of reach now

you rich we didn’t plan well or plan at all it was abrupt I used to live in Japan and work there and they didn’t granted my visa I got 1 week to get out and all my expenses was for Canada. Go back to France wasn’t an option it still not. So he proposed me in the rush ti come to his family here but didn’t know all the procedure at all. He was also sure I can apply for a work permit.

I have one last question and thank you again for your reply and check on me it’s really appreciated to see you are not alone and felt quite hopeless this past month.
A

so my last question is : which visa should I try to apply for part time or full time as bartender or even cashier, seller…

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don’t know the answer but I’ll make deep research.
Indeed the whv is too late and out of reach now

you rich we didn’t plan well or plan at all it was abrupt I used to live in Japan and work there and they didn’t granted my visa I got 1 week to get out and all my expenses was for Canada. Go back to France wasn’t an option it still not. So he proposed me in the rush ti come to his family here but didn’t know all the procedure at all. He was also sure I can apply for a work permit.

I have one last question and thank you again for your reply and check on me it’s really appreciated to see you are not alone and felt quite hopeless this past month.
A

so my last question is : which visa should I try to apply for part time or full time as bartender or even cashier, seller…
If you want to apply for a work permit now, it has to be a closed work permit. You do not qualify for an open work permit.

To apply for a closed work permit, you first need a job offer from an employer in Canada. That employer must then obtain an approved LMIA. Once the LMIA is approved, you can then apply for a closed work permit tied to that specific employer. So the first step is to find an employer who is willing to give you a job offer and who is also willing to go through the LMIA process.

Again, an open work permit is not an option for you at this time.

Bibiss

Sep 26, 2023
I copy all you said and try to make my research for a potential employment of the extension is not denied otherwise I’ll go at the border bake another entry visa line was not multiple entry

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I copy all you said and try to make my research for a potential employment of the extension is not denied otherwise I’ll go at the border bake another entry visa line was not multiple entry
It's not clear what you are saying.

You do not want to go to the border if your extension is denied. This is not a good plan. It has a high potential of going wrong.

Bibiss

Sep 26, 2023
I’m opologize if my explanation or English is not clear

I wanted say by that, I currently have a single entry visitor visa. So I wanted to go to the United States and come back with another visa. I applied for the AVE before coming. But if you tell me it’s really a bad ira to do that then…I’m around the border of Vermont as I’m in Montreal.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I’m opologize if my explanation or English is not clear

I wanted say by that, I currently have a single entry visitor visa. So I wanted to go to the United States and come back with another visa. I applied for the AVE before coming. But if you tell me it’s really a bad ira to do that then…I’m around the border of Vermont as I’m in Montreal.
No, it does not work that way. You cannot get a multiple entry visa by leaving Canada to the US and then re-entering. This is not at all how it works.

Leaving Canada carries quite a bit of risk. There is no guarantee if you will be allowed back into Canada. If and how long you are allowed back into Canada is always up to the CBSA officer. You basically have no funds to show to support your stay in Canada. If you leave and try to re-enter, you are risking a situation where the officer asks you to show what funds you have to pay for your stay. If you can't really show anything, re-entering Canada could become quite a challenge.

It really feels like you and your BF have no idea what you are doing and have many misconceptions about how things work. This is a very risky situation to be in.