+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting Home County - Online Test invitation

wen123

Mar 26, 2021
Hi Guys,

Please help me understand, consequences if i receive Citizenship online test invite while i am in Home county.

Application submitted : Feb 17th 2020.
AOR Received: 7th Oct 2020.
IN Progress: 26th Oct 2020.

planning to go home country on Apr 1st week and return on July 1st week.

what if i receive my online test invite during this time, and if i ask for different days, will it cause my application process postpone for ever i.e. another year?.

Please suggest should i request for different dates? or reschedule my return date based on test date.

thanks in advance.

wen123

Mar 26, 2021
thank you, sure i will try to come back, incase if i request different test dates, my application will push back to queue again?.
when can i expect my next test dates.(i.e. approx. with in how many months)?.

will they allow to reschedule test if i say that i went to visit family in home country?

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
thank you, sure i will try to come back, incase if i request different test dates, my application will push back to queue again?.

will they allow to reschedule test if i say that i went to visit family in home country?
It's unclear how soon they would re-invite you for the test. Have you passed all the checks already and had been included in the test-ready pool of applicants?

from_india_to_canada

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019

yes, your application will be delayed again if you request a different date

wen123

Mar 26, 2021
applicants
currently my application status showing In-Progress, where can i check if it is ready or not.
i see currently Nov -2019 applicants receiving test invites, mine is Feb 20, if i calculated i might receive request May-June period i guess. i am from Toronto Region.

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
Hi Guys,

Please help me understand, consequences if i receive Citizenship online test invite while i am in Home county.

what if i receive my online test invite during this time, and if i ask for different days, will it cause my application process postpone for ever i.e. another year?.

Please suggest should i request for different dates? or reschedule my return date based on test date.

thanks in advance.
I have seen reschedule which were a month from the original date. So it won't delay that much. You should be fine to request for a reschedule

With things getting done a lot sooner, the reschedule will be fast too. Don't worry, no need to rush back ....

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hi Guys,

thanks in advance.
Well, If I were you, I would do my best to come back to Canada for the test in case you receive the test invitation. If you can't, then just reschedule it. Honestly speaking, I've seen some cases that they rescheduled their test, and they've been waiting for almost 8-9 months waiting for a rescheduled test and no news yet. I've also seen a case in these forums that rescheduled his/her test and took it after 3-4 months. Nowadays, we're not in a normal situation with this pandemic. That's why I strongly suggest that do your very best to come back to Canada for the appointed test! I mean, it's a big opportunity for you to just take the test and progress significantly in your citizenship application process. Don't lose it in case you got it! Up to you tho! Good luck!

wen123

Mar 26, 2021
Well, If I were you, I would do my best to come back to Canada for the test in case you receive the test invitation. If you can't, then just reschedule it. Honestly speaking, I've seen some cases that they rescheduled their test, and they've been waiting for almost 8-9 months waiting for a rescheduled test and no news yet. I've also seen a case in these forums that rescheduled his/her test and took it after 3-4 months. Nowadays, we're not in a normal situation with this pandemic. That's why I strongly suggest that do your very best to come back to Canada for the appointed test! I mean, it's a big opportunity for you to just take the test and progress significantly in your citizenship application process. Don't lose it in case you got it! Up to you tho! Good luck!
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. will try come back.

wen123

Mar 26, 2021
I have seen reschedule which were a month from the original date. So it won't delay that much. You should be fine to request for a reschedule

With things getting done a lot sooner, the reschedule will be fast too. Don't worry, no need to rush back ....
Thanks you.

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
What I have learnt with IRCC is, dont put your personal life or career on hold for them. Its never worth it. Have family matters? Go see your family, life is short.

Get an amazing job opportunity abroad? Go for it, and ignore the jealous losers who accuse you of being 'citizen of convenience'. Not sure whats wrong with convenience anyway, look after number 1. If a country wants to banish you for chasing your dream, its not worth troubling yourself over it.

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
What I have learnt with IRCC is, dont put your personal life or career on hold for them. Its never worth it. Have family matters? Go see your family, life is short.

Get an amazing job opportunity abroad? Go for it, and ignore the jealous losers who accuse you of being 'citizen of convenience'. Not sure whats wrong with convenience anyway, look after number 1. If a country wants to banish you for chasing your dream, its not worth troubling yourself over it.
That's is really well said @fr72

Reactions: novascotia27