+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting Canada with South Korean wife - chance of her being refused entry?

boxedj

Mar 15, 2015
Hi,

I am a Canadian citizen and my wife is South Korean. I am currently working in South Korea. At the end of my contract I would like to spend some time in Canada with my wife while looking for another job here in Korea. Because she is Korean, she is able to visit Canada for up to 6 months without a Visa. She will be quitting her job before leaving Korea, to find new work when we both return. She will have a roundtrip ticket and I will have a one way ticket. We will be staying at my parents place for the duration of our visit.

My worry is that there might be a chance that she will not be allowed into Canada, as there might seem to be some intention of her staying. Last year, we both took a trip to Canada under the exact same premise as I have outlined above, the only difference being that we weren't married at the time. There was no problem with her visit at that time.

I wouldn't normally worry about this except that I have been reading through these forums and there seems to be some problem with her entry in this situation.

My question is, is it more likely for her to be refused entry because we are now married? Or will it be the same as before, no questions asked? Is there any way to raise our chances of her being accepted through customs? Am I worrying too much?

Any help is greatly appreciated

dimk

Aug 23, 2014
I think you are worried too much. As your wife has roundtrip ticket, it means that she will be back. And she will also need to show her financial budget during in Canada, for example her credit card, her 예금증명서 to show her money in Korea, I think it's no problem.