+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visiting canada from usa with a dismissed expunged misdeamnor

jayinpa

Jul 28, 2011
Can I visit Canada for a week long vacation if I completed an ARD pre trial diversion probation program for misdeamnor theft in the state of PA? Case was dismissed after completing ARD program. Arrest was expunged as well. 1 years since it has been expunged. Will the Canadian border officals be able to see this arrest and if so will I be denied entry into Canada?

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
jayinpa said:
Can I visit Canada for a week long vacation if I completed an ARD pre trial diversion probation program for misdeamnor theft in the state of PA? Case was dismissed after completing ARD program. Arrest was expunged as well. 1 years since it has been expunged. Will the Canadian border officals be able to see this arrest and if so will I be denied entry into Canada?
What's your nationality ?

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
jayinpa said:
American citizen. White skin color
US and Canada share information. As you are a U.S. citizen you have fair chances to enter Canada, but they will ask you many personal questions,there after they will decide to let you in or not.

jayinpa

Jul 28, 2011
Thanks for the advice. I am still not sure what the answer is though. Will Canadian border officals be able to see this expunged arrest and if so will I be denied entry into Canada? Is there a clearcut answer in general or is it just left up to the particular border officer I have to deal with? Need to know before I spend the money to book the trip

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
jayinpa said:
Thanks for the advice. I am still not sure what the answer is though. Will Canadian border officals be able to see this expunged arrest and if so will I be denied entry into Canada? Is there a clearcut answer in general or is it just left up to the particular border officer I have to deal with? Need to know before I spend the money to book the trip
As I said, you are American and white skin, you have much better chances than others. Some time border officials don't even bother to stop Americans to ask questions.
Even they stop you then it also left up to the particular border officer you had to deal with. Many Americans travel to Canada frequently. Do you want to travel by car ?

jayinpa

Jul 28, 2011
Traveling by airplane. Plan to fly into Toronto. Just dont want to spend all that money on a flight/hotel room and be denied entry into canada

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
jayinpa said:
Traveling by airplane. Plan to fly into Toronto. Just dont want to spend all that money on a flight/hotel room and be denied entry into canada
It' up to you. Have a nice trip 8)

Ms.DeeDee2U

Aug 3, 2011
jayinpa said:
American citizen. White skin color
White, brown, or pale skin....it doesn't matter, you are a US citizen! I'm African-American, why would my entry be any different from yours?!