+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting Canada from US

ccbrxx

Sep 22, 2024
I'm in the U.S on a F1 OPT student visa. My company has applied for H1B premium processing in the cap exempt category. I will receive it in 15 business days if approved.
I want to apply for Canadian visitor visa to attend a concert there (preferably today) because the current processing time is about 1.5 months in the US, and the concert is 2 months away. I need to show proof of immigration status in the US when I apply for Canadian visa, which would be the F1 visa currently. But by the time I want to enter Canada (if my H1B is approved) I will be on the H1B visa. Is this going to cause issues when entering Canada as I would have shown a different immigration form

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm in the U.S on a F1 OPT student visa. My company has applied for H1B premium processing in the cap exempt category. I will receive it in 15 business days if approved.
I want to apply for Canadian visitor visa to attend a concert there (preferably today) because the current processing time is about 1.5 months in the US, and the concert is 2 months away. I need to show proof of immigration status in the US when I apply for Canadian visa, which would be the F1 visa currently. But by the time I want to enter Canada (if my H1B is approved) I will be on the H1B visa. Is this going to cause issues when entering Canada as I would have shown a different immigration form
No issues. May not get it in time as you need to factor in biometrics and passport stamping, if approved.

yougotmail

Sep 13, 2024
I’ve been told by immigration lawyers that if your previous visa is unexpired during time of travel, you can use that to travel even if you have a newer doc like 797 or i20.