+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting canada from 1-4 weeks.

dreadstunlock

Oct 26, 2011
Hi, I was wondering if it I needed a visa to visit Canada for 1 week or 1 month, would I need a visa?

I was born in Lithuania (Part of EU Union) and now I live in UK for almost 7 years, what's my status on not needing a visa? Because I googled, and they say that EU Citizens do not need a visa to visit Canada?

dreadstunlock

Oct 26, 2011
Ohhh okay, thanks a lot!

Also, is there a forum for some specific areas in Canada? I want to visit for a holiday, but there doesn't seem to be any places that rent for a monthly or a weekly fee, it's either a 1 year lease, or you have to pay per night, which is impossibly expensive :S Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
dreadstunlock said:
Ohhh okay, thanks a lot!

Also, is there a forum for some specific areas in Canada? I want to visit for a holiday, but there doesn't seem to be any places that rent for a monthly or a weekly fee, it's either a 1 year lease, or you have to pay per night, which is impossibly expensive :S Thank you
If you're looking for cheap, I would either look into hostels (rather than hotels) - or google "short term stay" + the city name and see what you get.

Cloud

Oct 26, 2011
scylla said:
If you're looking for cheap, I would either look into hostels (rather than hotels) - or google "short term stay" + the city name and see what you get.
Hi Scylla,

Just had a query in relation to single entry Visa's to Canada...I have to make a small 15 day trip to Toronto...andd i am currently residing in India...can you please tell me if there is a high chance of visa denial...coz thats the first thing I heard from a frnd...my purpose of visit is to see my girlfriend there...should I be mentioning the same in my visa interview...? and i am kinda in a state of confusion...

I will be applying for a U.S student visa by March...would having or NOT having a Canada visa (i.e. incase the visa is rejected) would affect my chances of the student visa??

sorry to be putting my query in a different thread..my thread is still without replies :)

Thanks,
Cloud

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Cloud said:
Hi Scylla,

Just had a query in relation to single entry Visa's to Canada...I have to make a small 15 day trip to Toronto...andd i am currently residing in India...can you please tell me if there is a high chance of visa denial...coz thats the first thing I heard from a frnd...my purpose of visit is to see my girlfriend there...should I be mentioning the same in my visa interview...? and i am kinda in a state of confusion...

I will be applying for a U.S student visa by March...would having or NOT having a Canada visa (i.e. incase the visa is rejected) would affect my chances of the student visa??

sorry to be putting my query in a different thread..my thread is still without replies :)

Thanks,
Cloud
I have no idea what impact this would have on a US student visa. I would suggest you post this question to a US immigration site.

It's really impossible to say what your chances are of having the Canadian visit visa refused or accepted. The most you can do is try and hope for the best. People are sometimes refused for having insufficient funds. So you should show a sufficient bank balance to support yourself while on your visit to Canada (probably good to show $1K). Likely the biggest reason why people are refused is insufficient ties. You need to prove that you have strong ties to your home country and are not at risk of overstaying in Canada. Proof of strong ties can include: property ownership, rental agreements, business ownership, employment proof (i.e. proof you have a full time job), school enrollment proof, bank accounts, other assets, family ties (e.g. wife and children who are not traveling with you). Since you are a young person, I would guess you're probably most at risk for being refused due to insufficient strong ties. So provide as much proof as you can that you're going to return home.

Cloud

Oct 26, 2011
Thanks Syclla,

Well currently i am employed..and i can manage a bank account balance of 1K$. Apart from that my family is settled in India...I hope thats enough for the Visa Interview.

Aparently i have made a promise lol.. :) I dont wanna break it...hope things work out.... :) wish me luck :))

Thanks again :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010