+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visit Visa refused

HalaG

Aug 24, 2024
I got refused to come to my girlfriend having the reason that I have a tie in Canada. do I should reapply without an invitation letter from her or with invitation letter ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What are your ties to return? If you applied with an invitation letter then that is still on file What did the invitation letter say? Not including one for the next application doesn’t change anything. You need to address reasons for refusal.

HalaG

Aug 24, 2024
I have a daughter back home whom I visit every 3 months also I have a visit visa that she is visiting me during her summer vacation. Also, a letter that I am a partner in a company in Kuwait

HalaG

Aug 24, 2024
The invitation letter showed the real relationship between me and my friend and I told that I want to see her as I missed her

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a daughter back home whom I visit every 3 months also I have a visit visa that she is visiting me during her summer vacation. Also, a letter that I am a partner in a company in Kuwait
So your daughter lives in the same country because visiting every 3 months is not a tie to return. So if a partner in a company, you would show business registration, proof of partnership, client invoices and contracts that show you must return.

Coming to Canada and visiting a girlfriend raises red flags that you will not leave and get married. Is this a long term relationship and how much time have you spent together.

HalaG

Aug 24, 2024
My home country in Egypt where my daughter is living and I am working and having my visa In Kuwait. During the school time I travelled to visit her every three months and during the summer when the school is off I invite her to come and stay with me

HalaG

Aug 24, 2024
Me and me girlfriend were in a relationship to married and due family circumstances we didn’t and after many years we met on the Facebook knows that she divorced and moved to Canada with her kids . I also experienced a separation from my wife. Because she is not able to come to Kuwait as she is studying now I decided to come and visit her . This is what we also mentioned in the invitation letter and cover letter as well . I didn’t mention about my daughter in the letter at all.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Reply to my inquiry
This is a volunteer forum. If you want a faster reply hire someone. Your lack of permanent status in Kuwait and your lack of ties to Egypt plus being in a relationship means you are at risk of remaining in Canada. That is likely why you were denied. If you reapply provide proof of all your ties like business registration, property ownership/lease agreements, etc.

Reactions: Buletruck

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Me and me girlfriend were in a relationship to married and due family circumstances we didn’t and after many years we met on the Facebook knows that she divorced and moved to Canada with her kids . I also experienced a separation from my wife. Because she is not able to come to Kuwait as she is studying now I decided to come and visit her . This is what we also mentioned in the invitation letter and cover letter as well . I didn’t mention about my daughter in the letter at all.
The whole situation seems pretty sketch. You need to do better at convincing them about the genuineness of relationship maybe.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
You need to proof strong tie to your home country. And is your daughter a minor? Who is taking care of her when you only visit her few times a year. (maybe your wife?)

You appear to have stronger tie to Canada than to your home country from what you've described. How long is your visit?

Unless you are divorced, you will need to live with your girlfriend for 12 month minimum without break to qualify as common law for PR application. And that's without the ability to work.