+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa processing time

babarkheli

Sep 7, 2012
My parents in Pakistan had applied for a multiple entry visit visa to Canada and sent the documents to the Canadian high commission in Islamabad om June 21. the processing time on CIC website for Pakistan is 77 days. those days have passed and still we haven't got any response so far. My parents already visited Canada twice before.
Can anyone share their experience, how long does it take to get a visit visa nowadays. and that is there any chance embassy loses the passports and if yes what can be done in that case?
Thanks,

domingo

Jan 20, 2009
Allhamdolilla, My parents got their multiple entry visa valid till 2016. Here is the timeline

Applied for Multiple Visitor Visa : April 22, 2012
Medical Received : July 24, 2012 (Passports were returned with medical with an explanation that if applicant does not want to go through medical than they can keep the passports or return passports immediately if they are willing to go through medical
Passports Returned: August 28, 2012
Medicals Done : August 1, 2012
Medicals Sent to New Delhi: August 8, 2012
Multiple Entry Visa Received: September 8, 2012

Few tips which may help other applications

Show ties to Pakistan. Property, Job, etc
Have good balance and Bank History
Invitation letter should be accompanied by sponsor's bank statement and a letter from bank if possible
Job letter or Business incorporation letter of sponsor

Wishing all of you a smooth processing of your cases. Please do not hesitate to pm me if you would like to ask any specific questions.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
domingo,

Don't get me wrong. Isn't yours a super visa? For a regular visa, regardless single or multiple, you don't need to have medical done! My father-in-law applied and received the single visit visa last month.

babarkheli

Sep 7, 2012
Thanks for a detailed info Domingo,
But as said by Steaky, you are talking about a Super Visa that needs a medical checkup. The one we applied for is a visit visa with a multiple entry options.