+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa for wife of PGWP (please help)

Alica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Hello Everyone,

So I have been granted a three years PGWP and currently I am back in Pakistan and did apply for it from only . I would like to take my wife and son of 1 year along with me to Canada .
I do believe there are two ways to go about this .
The easier way is to apply for my wife OWP but for that I have to be employed hence that's out of the equation.
The second option I have is to apply for their visit visa . I do have a strong bank statement to support their expenses while there as well could show a letter of employment for my wife and school admission letter for my son as strong ties back home .

I do understand CIC would probably not consider that as good reason to come back and hence would be writing a letter or explanation to them as well .
The advise I would be needing is to be honest with them and tell them that they would accompany me to Canada and then apply for an extension of their visa if granted otherwise we all would return back home or would it be easier to just state that they would accompany me there and come back after a few months for my son"s school and wife job ?

What would the seniors recommend would be a better way to go about this to hopefully get their visit visa ?

Thankyou everyone