+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa was granted, but cic website says otherwise

jin14001

Apr 1, 2019
Hi All

I applied for student permit online on Dec 24th, 2018.

And on Jan 29th I was asked by CIC to send my passport.
Feb 4th passport sent and received by CIC-Ottawa
Feb 18th - Passport returned to me with stamped visa

I thought I successfully get approved, and put away my passport and get ready to go to Canada. Then.....

March 12th CIC - Los Angelos sent a message on CIC website requesting my passport again. And demanding me to send it in 7 days.
March 22th - The message appears on CIC website - A final decision was made, I was refused a study permit.

I applied from the United States since I have been in the states for the last four years working on my bachelor's. I'm super confused now as far as what to do. Am I approved or refused? I have sent multiple emails to CIC on this matter, and no one has officially answered my questions. I just received a phone call from the consulate in LA requesting my passport again, but I am not able to send the passport since I'm about to leave the U.S. Has anyone on the forum dealt with similar situation? Please share your experience. Thank you in advance.

My current plan is to stop by Vancouver and talk with the border security agent face to face to find out the exact situation. Not sure how this is going to play out.

jin14001

Apr 1, 2019
I guess I'll find out in Vancouver airport then. Since I have already booked the ticket. Wish they had informed me earlier and in a more direct manner. Thank you for your input.
Sounds like they have found something in your application after further review, and your visa has been revoked.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I guess I'll find out in Vancouver airport then. Since I have already booked the ticket. Wish they had informed me earlier and in a more direct manner. Thank you for your input.
CBSA won’t give you any answers. IRCC refused your application.

You’ll have a better chance refunding your ticket with proof of a refused visa.

jin14001

Apr 1, 2019
I‘ll fly through Vancouver regardless since my transfer flight is there. I'm gonna call LA consulate tomorrow to find out more. The person called me today left a message saying he needed my passport to confirm my address. He didn't sound too clear on the phone. Do you know what's the turnaround time for a consulate to review my visa? I'm staying in the U.S until 4/30. I don't know if they can give me my passport back in time. Thank you in advance.

CBSA won’t give you any answers. IRCC refused your application.

You’ll have a better chance refunding your ticket with proof of a refused visa.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If they’ve revoked your visa, you may have a difficult time boarding the plane as it will probably give them a “Do Not Board” message.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Unfortunately Visa cancellations can happens which seems to be the case here.

Do you have a transit visa for Canada or are you from a country that doesn't need one?
Most nationalities cant transit through Canada without a transit Visa so check carefully or re-book your flight through another country.