+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa type for accompanying children

marib

Sep 5, 2018
Hi,

I am filling up application on New IRCC portal and wondering what visa type should be selected for my children. I am visiting my brother and my 1 year old will be accompanying with me. The portal requires us to submit two applications, one for myself and one for my child. I am using below one for my application but can't figure out which one should I select for my child. My child have cousin(my brother's son) but I don't see any such option.

• To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada

Why do you need a visa? (required)
  • To be with a loved one who is critically ill or dying
  • To provide care for a loved one who needs medical support
  • To attend a funeral or end-of-life ceremony
  • To join a vessel as a marine crew member
  • To take up a diplomatic posting in Canada
  • To travel as an accompanying immediate family member of a diplomat arriving on a posting, and who will also be accredited in Canada
  • To handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752
  • To visit Canada as a tourist
  • To visit my spouse, common-law partner, dependent child, parent, steps-parent, guardian or tutor who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
  • To visit my spouse, common law partner, dependent child, parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor who is in Canada temporarily, such as an international student or temporary worker
  • To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
  • To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months
  • To visit my children or grandchildren for more than 6 months (super visa)
  • For business reasons, like a meeting, conference, event, or training
  • For a medical procedure (scheduled) or treatment
  • To study without a permit for less than 6 months
  • To work without a permit
  • Not sure

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am filling up application on New IRCC portal and wondering what visa type should be selected for my children. I am visiting my brother and my 1 year old will be accompanying with me. The portal requires us to submit two applications, one for myself and one for my child. I am using below one for my application but can't figure out which one should I select for my child. My child have cousin(my brother's son) but I don't see any such option.

• To travel as an accompanying immediate family member of a diplomat arriving on a posting, and who will also be accredited in Canada
  • To handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752
  • To visit my spouse, common-law partner, dependent child, parent, steps-parent, guardian or tutor who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
  • To visit my spouse, common law partner, dependent child, parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor who is in Canada temporarily, such as an international student or temporary worker
  • To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months
  • Not sure
To visit other family

Trillionex

Apr 29, 2024
Hi,

• Not sure
Hello I have the same issues..what did you selected..
You got approval? Share your experiences with fund option .and did you used representative form for you child.