+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa to Permanent residency?

christy_ish

Oct 21, 2021
I am looking for an answer maybe someone can help me.

I had a PGWP that expired May 30th 2022. With that work permit I applied for a visa. On the visa application I had answered yes to the question of staying in Canada Temporarily for more than 6 months. I was granted a visa until December 2024 with multiple entries. I left canada for some family reasons and returned back in August.

I currently do not have a valid work permit. I am trying to set up my express entry profile for PR.

Should I use Canada as my country of residence. Or should I use my country of origin?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am looking for an answer maybe someone can help me.

I had a PGWP that expired May 30th 2022. With that work permit I applied for a visa. On the visa application I had answered yes to the question of staying in Canada Temporarily for more than 6 months. I was granted a visa until December 2024 with multiple entries. I left canada for some family reasons and returned back in August.

I currently do not have a valid work permit. I am trying to set up my express entry profile for PR.

Should I use Canada as my country of residence. Or should I use my country of origin?
If you are living in Canada, it is your country of residence.