+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISA rejection based on history of arrears

suresh2989

Oct 10, 2011
HI guys, i am fresher,graduate from chennai, i finished it last academic year may 2011, i want to pursue my PG diploma in international business or equivalent courses in PG diploma in canada. but a local education consultant have informally specified me that i will be rejected based on my history of arrears in my graduation which stands at a staggering 21.help please, iwant to pursue it from the september intake, but if i know for sure that i will be rejected based on this criteria i will concentrate elsewhere.

thank you in advance for your valuable advice.

contact me at: suresh2989@aol.com

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tell your consultant to have masala dosa and change his business to exporting kolapuri chappals from India. There is no such rules about having arrears and getting visa rejected. As long as your able to satisfy visa officer your able to pay for your tuition and intend to come back after finishing your studies you'll be fine.

Reactions: Demmy moreh

suresh2989

Oct 10, 2011
@newtone: thank you.

well thats the best thing i've heard all week,and can the student visa be extended if he/she finds work and want to work there for a couple of years,is that possible under the current Canadian immigration rules or students will be sent home irrespective of their work aspirations? or how long can a student stay in canada after his course in order to find work(that is with his existing student visa)?

thanks in advance.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can study in Canada until the validity of your study permit. Once you have completed your course you can apply for work permit. If employer decides to hire you they have to apply for LMO if there are no Canadians to fill the job then they'll consider you

samir00

Jan 5, 2012
newtone said:
You can study in Canada until the validity of your study permit. Once you have completed your course you can apply for work permit. If employer decides to hire you they have to apply for LMO if there are no Canadians to fill the job then they'll consider you
m sam As I my proposed study is
Business Administration& its a diploma
, if I showed Btech, a grad as my major previous studies. u think high commission,ll reject me in bases of this engineering previous studies >what 2 do?should i hide grad

sakth

Dec 15, 2012
hi Suresh me also from chennai and the same case like u....i compltd my B.E in civil engg in 2011 ,and having arrears means 8 but if they consider RA in the sense .....21,more consultants told me the same reply tat u heard....
pls tel me wat you are doing now are u tryng .....if yes means by which consultanta?????pls reply

Johnroy

Dec 8, 2012
Suresh,

Go for the student visa application straight away. As long as you have valid college offer letter, bank balance (which been asked to show), and IELTS 6/6.5, you should feel free to apply for it. Forget about consultants' advice. You should go on website and check it by yourself. It is easy to do it by yourself.

neeraj1985

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Band 8
suresh2989 said:
HI guys, i am fresher,graduate from chennai, i finished it last academic year may 2011, i want to pursue my PG diploma in international business or equivalent courses in PG diploma in canada. but a local education consultant have informally specified me that i will be rejected based on my history of arrears in my graduation which stands at a staggering 21.help please, iwant to pursue it from the september intake, but if i know for sure that i will be rejected based on this criteria i will concentrate elsewhere.

contact me at: suresh2989 @ aol.com
Hi Suresh,

Please advise your consultant to refer to Canadian immigration website for the VISA rules. For his personal kingdomhe can make any s**t rules he wants.

Regards,

Neeraj

yashwanthini

Dec 21, 2012
suresh2989 said:

contact me at: suresh2989 @ aol.com

hi.. i was in a verge of finding a solution to do my masters in canada with a history of arrears i had!! went thru ur comments in canadavisa forum.. if u dont mind will u be able to assist me with my quires and share the information u have gained???
email: s.yashwanthini@gmail.com

ajayaandoo

Dec 21, 2012
i also have a same case as yours...can you please tell me wat consultant you are using and wat universities u have applied...

my id is : ajayaandoo@gmail.com

1bal

Nov 9, 2012
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
7 bands
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
5-11-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
01-01-2013
samir00 said:
m sam As I my proposed study is
Business Administration& its a diploma
, if I showed Btech, a grad as my major previous studies. u think high commission,ll reject me in bases of this engineering previous studies >what 2 do?should i hide grad
Never Hide anything from Visa Officer. There will be No problem If you apply for a Diploma after Btech
Most of the students in India go for diploma after Graduation, Even I am also Going ;D

rohit53

Nov 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Visa Office......
University
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
31-12-2012
Bro apply with a strong SOP, and mention why you have so many backlogs (make up something, if you don't have a good reason). I have seen many people with large no of backlogs getting visa, so it shouldn't be a problem.

akhilesh58v

Jun 13, 2018
I want to know whether I can get a Canadian study visa if I have a backlog history of 52 backlogs (20 original+ 32repeated) what is the possibility of getting a Pg diploma course and visa .
Please help me out guys