+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa rejected || SPP || urgent help req plz

ArjunAjay

Dec 23, 2014
Yesterday my visa got rejected which was under SPP category.

Reason is proposed studies is not reasonable in light of one or more of my qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities or my future prospects and plans.

I have applied for Network and System Security Analysis program(PG Certification) from George Brown College . My job profile is similar to the program i have chosen.

My profile:

10th : 78%
12th: 75%
Graduation: Bachelor of Engineering in Information Science - 55 %
Work Exp: 5.8 years in Network Security domain.
IELTS : 6.5 (R- 6.5, Sp- 7, Wr- 6, Li- 7 )

Should I reapply on General category ?

I had a 1 yr gap in my graduation, Started at 10/2003 - 01/2009, is that would be a pblm ?

Kindly suggest at the earliest

regards,

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simple.. You just read their reply again.

Proposed study is not relevant to your profile.

Frankly, having 6 yrs of work exp and applying for a DIPLOMA/PG DIPLOMA makes your profile very weak. I am sure your SOP is weak cause you could not have justified that you can learn something new with the course after having 6 yrs of domain work exp, cause 6yrs can teach you a lot more than a PG Diploma.

No other reason for rejection. all your weaknesses have to be addressed in your SOP. You have to write a convincing SOP that justifies your poor academics, year gap etc.

I would suggest you either try for a university masters or a go for skilled immigrant visa. However you can still make a stronger sop to justify your weaknesses and re apply under SPP.

ArjunAjay

Dec 23, 2014
Thanks Kartz,

I cannot re apply under SPP again.

There are lot more topics included in than curriculum of the program, due to this i chosen this program and I believe its a PG program than a PG diploma.

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ArjunAjay said:
Thanks Kartz,

I cannot re apply under SPP again.

There are lot more topics included in than curriculum of the program, due to this i chosen this program and I believe its a PG program than a PG diploma.
Its all about the justification you do for it in the SOP, are those topics critical to progress in your career? for a visa officer it is not convincing. George Brown is a college not a university. I don't know what you mean by PG program and PG Diploma! makes no difference!

The problem in your profile is the work experience and the course relevance. Try to work around that.

Jasdeep040892

Jul 2, 2015
I am going to apply this week ..
Can you just help me with the profile ...
Currently working as Operations executive .
One year experience as technical support executive.
Graduation - bsc computer sc delhi university - 58.75%
12th - 78%
10th- 65%
IELTS - 6.5 ( lis- 6.5,read- 6 , writ- 6 , speak- 6.5)
Got offer letter from humber college In IT solutions Database development profile
Gic Purchased - 10200$
One year fees paid
I WILL APPLY UNDER SPP .

Am I gud to go for Visa Do I need any additional financial Document
Please help very confused

ArjunAjay

Dec 23, 2014
Katrz,

yes those topics are critical for my future prospects and plans...anyway am mentioning the subjects name in the justification letter and will also mention that I have never worked on those before.

its a 1 yr PG certification program and I believe it is equivalent to a PG than a PG diploma because in the acceptance letter they have mentioned it as a PG certification Program.

Will it work if I mention about my poor academics and yr gap happened during my bachelors ? Kindly suggest

I also heard this is a general reason for the rejection it seems

parhar51

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
LANDED..........
APRIL 26,2013
Jasdeep040892 said:
I am going to apply this week ..
Can you just help me with the profile ...
Currently working as Operations executive .
One year experience as technical support executive.
Graduation - bsc computer sc delhi university - 58.75%
12th - 78%
10th- 65%
IELTS - 6.5 ( lis- 6.5,read- 6 , writ- 6 , speak- 6.5)
Got offer letter from humber college In IT solutions Database development profile
Gic Purchased - 10200$
One year fees paid
I WILL APPLY UNDER SPP .

Am I gud to go for Visa Do I need any additional financial Document
Please help very confused

@JASDEEP,

Please include the following information in ur visa application :

1. To improve ur liquidity, secure bank finance + parental financial support attaching affidavit form them,supported by their BANK A/C STATEMENTS,IT RETURNS ETC.

2.UR UPDATED RESUME WITH STRONG SOP,supported by reference letters from ur employer nd senior professor of the institute last attended.

Hope, this help u .

Good luck. God bless all !!!!

parhar51

abinmathew25

Jul 3, 2015
kartz said:

Frankly, having 6 yrs of work exp and applying for a DIPLOMA/PG DIPLOMA makes your profile very weak. I am sure your SOP is weak cause you could not have justified that you can learn something new with the course after having 6 yrs of domain work exp, cause 6yrs can teach you a lot more than a PG Diploma.

No other reason for rejection. all your weaknesses have to be addressed in your SOP. You have to write a convincing SOP that justifies your poor academics, year gap etc.

I would suggest you either try for a university masters or a go for skilled immigrant visa. However you can still make a stronger sop to justify your weaknesses and re apply under SPP.
i am interested for supply chain management or business analytics course in any college in toronto
10th- 69.69%
12th- 55.55%
B.E(comp sci)62.37%
i had 18 backlogs in my BE,no year drop and with a aggregate of 71% in final year and no backlog
foreign education consultants have told me i wont get in any colleges
need suggestions on what are my chances..
please help!!!
thank you

DrJignesh

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 14-04-2016, SA:- 22-04-2016, AOR2:- 02-05-2016
Med's Done....
June 2015
kartz said:

Can we reapply under SPP again after rejection?