+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa rejected for 4 times

reesan

Feb 17, 2009
Hi there, I'm a married women who is looking forward to join my husband in Canada, After my marriage I've applied 4 times for the TRV and Dependent visa through different visa contsultants here in India. But each time it is been rejected on certain points. My husband is working in Canada for the last 2 years in a very good company. He got his work permit last year, now he has applied for his PR. What I want to know is will I get my visa (visitor visa) on that base. Besides that Im planning to apply for my visitor visa again from India. What is your suggestion for this. Whether I should wait for my husband to get his PR, or should I apply for my visa?

My husband applied for his PR four months back. What is the process time for this visa??

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
I think having a husband in Canada will only be a bad thing as far as getting a visa goes. This means you have ties in Canada (a husband) and are thus less likely to leave when your visa expires. That's possibly why you were rejected.

But I'm no expert. Hopefully somebody with more information will be along soon.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Correct Having a Husband in Canada is A VERY BAD thing for a TRV,You can expect to NEVER get a Visitors visa since you have ties stronger to Canada.Have your Husband sponsor you,Have him include you in his PR Application

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
canadian_Settlements said:
it depends how you present your case to the high commission, having a husband in canada is neither good nor bad
Actually when weighing ties to home country and Canada,Having a Husband in Canada weighs very heavily on ties to Canada so using the nest theory,There is greater weight on the Canadian Nest,thus very bad for the application unless you are first world which is a different case.Whatever way you present your case IO use the manual

Feb 23, 2009
if you husband is on a work permit , there is no reason for the visa office to check ties in your home country since you are his dependent and he already has a work permit.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
if you husband is on a work permit , there is no reason for the visa office to check ties in your home country since you are his dependent and he already has a work permit.
Assuming you are NOC O or A or B,NOC C and D No such right to bring in family

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BCguy said:
Assuming you are NOC O or A or B,NOC C and D No such right to bring in family
Actually there are no "rights" for any temporary worker to bring in family. It is still the IO decision, whether the person has solid home roots, sufficient funds to maintain themselves, and will leave Canada at the end of the stay.

PMM

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Thanks PMM point I was trying to make is that TFW s in NOC Categories O,A and B are entitled to bring in family and thus more likely to be approved for TRV s for their family compared to C and D TFW s