+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa rejected due to financial reasons

vijspy

Jul 12, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Everyone I applied in the Non-SDS category. I received rejection due to financial reasons however I had more than sufficient funds in my account. I didn't pay tuition fees upfront.

Have anyone received a rejection for a similar reason? If yes please comment.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status. • Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

One more question:- The Cost of My Studies will be a field in IMM1294e, Did you mentioned two years Tuition cost or 1-year Tuition cost.

My program is 2 year Masters's. I am an Indian citizen, I applied for Visa from Overseas.

Any Help will be highly appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,

Everyone I applied in the Non-SDS category. I received rejection due to financial reasons however I had more than sufficient funds in my account. I didn't pay tuition fees upfront.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status. • Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

One more question:- The Cost of My Studies will be a field in IMM1294e, Did you mentioned two years Tuition cost or 1-year Tuition cost.

My program is 2 year Masters's. I am an Indian citizen, I applied for Visa from Overseas.

How much did you show in savings? Were these your own savings or those of a sponsor? How much are your first year tuition fees?

vijspy

Jul 12, 2020
How much did you show in savings? Were these your own savings or those of a sponsor? How much are your first year tuition fees?
Money was in my account and my father's account its was more than 3 times the total cost study and stay for 2 years

Fawaz123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Did you pay for your 1 year fees?

Fawaz123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Did you pay for your 1 year fees?

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hello Everyone,

How did you show your POF? Bank Statements, GIC ?

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
It is always beneficial to pay a part of the fees upfront, to show your seriousness. I know this is unnecessary, but it supports your interest in the program and in seeking a study permit. I suggest you pay at least the 1st semester fees. You are justifying you have the money to fund yourself, yet you haven't paid the fees. This can be a doubt in the visa officer's mind. Do you actually have the funds, you say you have?

I could be wrong. But this is something you can think about.

Jay Dave

Aug 3, 2021
The same happened to me.
TL
Medical 22 April
File 15 May
Biometric 28 June
BVL received, 30/7/21
IELTS overall 6.5 each >6
Medical not update yet
Non-Sds category due to funding from the university, GIC & tuition did not pay.
Course PhD in chemistry, Uni of Saskatchewan 25k/yr fellowship
10k cad bank balance showed

Reactions: GV-Patiala

Adityan92

Jun 28, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Not trying to hijack, but i made the same mistake in my application, I showed more than enough funds totally but put two years fees instead of one year. Now when you sum that up against available funds it looks lower. I am quite worried if my visa will be rejected