+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refused- help and ideas

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
The university gave deadlines for all that, the visa just took really long as I applied in March and the program started in May, and from what the agent said it would take 2 months at what to get feedback. As for the student advisors they really just gave vague help and said they can't really say anything about the visa. I would just really like to know what the problem is with the application if the bank statements were inadequate or something else. It would help to know if I should just put a close to traveling to Canada or I should reapply. It's all so frustrating and i really dont know what to doo_O.
No one here can tell you exactly what the problem is besides educated guesses. That's why you need the notes.

chae

Jul 27, 2021
Sorry for your refusal experience.As others have said already, please order GCMS notes before you reapply.I also see you have been refused under a very different section rather than R216.

I see you are from Kenya and I presume
that your IRCC visa office was in Nairobi.

While you reapply, please remember, IRCC visa offices, in Africa,particularly,in Nairobi & Dakar have very low approval rates for Temporary Resident Visas.

Because IRCC follows a controversial system of 'socio-economic profiling' of countries to assess likelihood of returning home.

This profiling system automatically reduces chances of approval for African applicants.

Exactly, that's why about TRV applications were refused in 2019 to about 80 African Artificial Intelligence Researchers for a conference in Canada.

In an official hearing in 2017, an IRCC officer openly admitted to one question,he was talking about applicants from Somalia,I quote:

"Q. So what is the criteria to determine the spontaneity of TRV applicant?

It would depend. Everything is relative to each case and is looked at individually. What we have to balance when we make a TRV decision is the reason to go to Canada versus the motivation to return home.

And the motivation to return to Somalia is not high for most people because most people, and if it were for any of us, we know where we would want not to be.

So you have to look at the reason to go back. It would depend. We would look at where they are flying from, in Somalia, depending on the military and other situations. So if it is a more stable area, we are more likely to issue a visa.

We look at their personal situation, their job, their financial situation in Somalia, of their connections to the country and that is what we do for all TRVs, and balance that"

The officer also said,I quote:

" I would say that it’s going to be an uphill battle for someone to convince us to issue a TRV from Somalia.So they would have to give us a very good reason as to why they would want to go back home before we would issue a TRV.

We had issued the TRV in a single journey documents for Somalia officials coming to visit Canada for various things. They have a good reason to go home, but having not served in Nairobi, I can’t tell you what other kinds of TRVs are issued but I would suspect very few"

So,I see,you have been refused by IRCC visa office in Nairobi, you can see for yourself,for a Somali national in Dadaab camp,the chances for getting TRV for Canada is near impossible.

I do not know about your personal background.

But since,you said,you are from Kenya,I would say you need a very detailed SOP because your battle for Study Permit is against IRCC's profiling system,which automatically reduces your chances.

Get GCMS notes before you reapply.
omg...this was helpful but discouraging thanks
No one here can tell you exactly what the problem is besides educated guesses. That's why you need the notes.
ohhhh..okay thank u

Reactions: MZHSECA

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Sorry for your refusal experience.As others have said already, please order GCMS notes before you reapply.I also see you have been refused under a very different section rather than R216.

While you reapply, please remember, IRCC visa offices, in Africa,particularly,in Nairobi & Dakar have very low approval rates for Temporary Resident Visas.

Because IRCC follows a controversial system of 'socio-economic profiling' of countries to assess likelihood of returning home.

This profiling system automatically reduces chances of approval for African applicants.

Exactly, that's why about TRV applications were refused in 2019 to about 80 African Artificial Intelligence Researchers for a conference in Canada.

In an official hearing in 2017, an IRCC officer openly admitted to one question,he was talking about applicants from Somalia,I quote:

It would depend. Everything is relative to each case and is looked at individually. What we have to balance when we make a TRV decision is the reason to go to Canada versus the motivation to return home.

And the motivation to return to Somalia is not high for most people because most people, and if it were for any of us, we know where we would want not to be.

So you have to look at the reason to go back. It would depend. We would look at where they are flying from, in Somalia, depending on the military and other situations. So if it is a more stable area, we are more likely to issue a visa.

We look at their personal situation, their job, their financial situation in Somalia, of their connections to the country and that is what we do for all TRVs, and balance that"

" I would say that it’s going to be an uphill battle for someone to convince us to issue a TRV from Somalia.So they would have to give us a very good reason as to why they would want to go back home before we would issue a TRV.

We had issued the TRV in a single journey documents for Somalia officials coming to visit Canada for various things. They have a good reason to go home, but having not served in Nairobi, I can’t tell you what other kinds of TRVs are issued but I would suspect very few"

So,I see,you have been refused by IRCC visa office in Nairobi, you can see for yourself,for a Somali national in Dadaab camp,the chances for getting TRV for Canada is near impossible.

But since,you said,you are from Kenya,I would say you need a very detailed SOP because your battle for Study Permit is against IRCC's profiling system,which automatically reduces your chances.

I agree with this!

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
i will have to ask her about her earnings and bank info. I don't know how to answer the last question o_O
If you lock your funds in term deposits ( interest earning funds ) it means you dont want to cancel as the sole purpose of both long and short term deposits is for future uncertainity,lien or retirement. VO prefers bank statements in current/chequing account thats shows transactions, and can have a picture of your cashflow. Secondly, you provided exactly minimum amount required, considering your age group managing finances can be challenge and you may run back to your sponsor to send funds from time to time. You should have provided little bit more than that but notes will give detailed reasons

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

Exactly, I've seen South Americans do diploma programs after Master's but they have a high success rate. But, south asians or Africans would definitely not be able to get away with that.

Reactions: jlusi and MZHSECA

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Exactly, I've seen South Americans do diploma programs after Master's but they have a high success rate. But, south asians or Africans would definitely not be able to get away with that.
Exactly, and the massive visa refusal for dozens of African researchers coming for Artificial Intelligency conference was mind blowing

• Sad

robinis

Jun 5, 2021
I too applied from Kenya so I am curious about your application timeline, that is when you applied, did biometrics etc

MZHSECA

Star Member
Jul 8, 2021
IRCC does not realize that by engaging in such profiling practices for study permit applications,is simply injustice,or in other words,a continuation of Canada's dark legacy of settler colonialism.

Reactions: jlusi

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
IRCC does not realize that by engaging in such profiling practices for study permit applications,is simply injustice,or in other words,a continuation of Canada's dark legacy of settler colonialism.
Not really. It's their country, they can choose who they admit into their country much like the rest of the world.

• Sad

MZHSECA

Star Member
Jul 8, 2021
I request each and every African applicant to go through the full transcript of this official hearing by IRCC I quoted before,share it widely on social media and communicate to as many as applicants possible.Here is the link:
https://irb.gc.ca/en/country-information/research/Pages/somalia-questions-answers.aspx
In case you have already submitted your application, you can add new documents through IRCC webform,to explain why you must return home.

Reactions: XpressGirl

Kwaff

Jul 31, 2022
Does your program selections depends on
Ur approval rate? Studied in ukraine but want to offer diploma leading to masters degree? Any idea