+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISA REFUSED - GENERAL CATEGORY: URGENT ADVISE NEEDED!

thejfever

Sep 1, 2012
Hi Guys,

I applied for the Visa at the New Delhi vfs office on 18th of October, 2012 and got a refusal on the 22nd October (not sure if they even bothered checking it as 18th was a Thursday followed by Sat-Sun off so they came to a decision in just 2 days???).

The consulate mentioned the following as the refusal reason -

"Pursuant to Section 219 & 220 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, I am not satisfied that you:
-have sufficient & available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue."

College Applied: HUMBER
Course Accepted in: Project Management (1 year PG certifcate)
Reason for course (stated in SOP): Have about 3 years of work ex as a Project Manager but no formal education in the field.
My Education Consultant: The Chopras

Background: A 26 year old professional with a 5 years of work experience.
- Scored 82% in 10th standard (2002)
- Scored 72% in 12th standard(2004)
- Scored 62% in Graduation (2007) - Bachelor of Applied Sciences (Instrumentation Honors) - 3 year degree
- IELTS Score of 8/9 broken down as - Listening - 8.5, Reading - 8, Writing - 7 and Speaking - 8.
- Finances:
1. I have already paid the entire Tuition fees of 12,800.00 CAD. I attached the receipt from the college stating the same.
2. I have shown savings of approximately CAD 30,000.00 over and above the paid Tuition fees. We only need about 10000 CAD and I showed thrice the amount... all liquid assets. Original Bank attested Statements attached from my and my parents savings accounts.

I had everything in my application all the documents full and complete with a very strong SOP mentioning all my reasons and purpose of the course to better my career prospects in India.

I was extremely sad, disappointed and angry when I opened the sealed envelope and found the reason of rejection.

I discussed this with my education consultant and they too were shocked and surprised as my application was complete and so good. They suggested me to reapply with a letter of dispute for the refusal.

Does this happen usually?? I mean how can the Canadian Consulate be so ignorant of everything, when they are deciding someone's fate.

What do I do now? One thing that crossed my mind was to get a Educational Loan. The reason I did not get it was because I did not need it. It is listed as a preferred payment option but I was told that since I have enough savings it shouldn't matter. The other thing is I checked with my bank and they do not issue a Education loan as I have 2 yr of ITR for my parents and they want 3 yrs.

I need some urgent advise as to what should I do??? Re-apply immediately or try to re-apply once I get the Education Loan!!

Please help Guys. :( :'(

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
this seems to be really scary man....CHC have there own set of mind.I have started believing that its all about lucky draw to get a visa...In your case i think if u wud have taken bank loan it wud have maybe bailed u out, dats what my consultant told me that even if i have cash i shud take bank loan...Fight for it ur profile seems to be excellent!!!

DESAIronak

Oct 8, 2012
thejfever said:
Hi Guys,

I applied for the Visa at the New Delhi vfs office on 18th of October, 2012 and got a refusal on the 22nd October (not sure if they even bothered checking it as 18th was a Thursday followed by Sat-Sun off so they came to a decision in just 2 days???).

"Pursuant to Section 219 & 220 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, I am not satisfied that you:
-have sufficient & available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue."

Reason for course (stated in SOP): Have about 3 years of work ex as a Project Manager but no formal education in the field.

- Scored 62% in Graduation (2007) - Bachelor of Applied Sciences (Instrumentation Honors) - 3 year degree
- IELTS Score of 8/9 broken down as - Listening - 8.5, Reading - 8, Writing - 7 and Speaking - 8.
- Finances:
1. I have already paid the entire Tuition fees of 12,800.00 CAD. I attached the receipt from the college stating the same.
2. I have shown savings of approximately CAD 30,000.00 over and above the paid Tuition fees. We only need about 10000 CAD and I showed thrice the amount... all liquid assets. Original Bank attested Statements attached from my and my parents savings accounts.

I had everything in my application all the documents full and complete with a very strong SOP mentioning all my reasons and purpose of the course to better my career prospects in India.

I was extremely sad, disappointed and angry when I opened the sealed envelope and found the reason of rejection.

I discussed this with my education consultant and they too were shocked and surprised as my application was complete and so good. They suggested me to reapply with a letter of dispute for the refusal.

Does this happen usually?? I mean how can the Canadian Consulate be so ignorant of everything, when they are deciding someone's fate.

What do I do now? One thing that crossed my mind was to get a Educational Loan. The reason I did not get it was because I did not need it. It is listed as a preferred payment option but I was told that since I have enough savings it shouldn't matter. The other thing is I checked with my bank and they do not issue a Education loan as I have 2 yr of ITR for my parents and they want 3 yrs.

I need some urgent advise as to what should I do??? Re-apply immediately or try to re-apply once I get the Education Loan!!

hey did u apply under GIC??

thejfever

Sep 1, 2012
DESAIronak said:
hey did u apply under GIC??
No I did it under General category as I had more than 5 yrs of work-ex. So did not do GIC. I can not take Education loan as I do not have my parents 3 yrs ITR. :(

I have the money and the score and a strong reason. All I want them is to be considerate.

Also, what angers me is that his refusal reason is contradictory as I have paid the full fee, attached the statement from college mentioned its paid. But he refused saying that he is not satisfied that I have money to pay my tuition fees without working in canada. Thats just BS! :( :mad:

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
I have not yet applied for visa, all i have done is applied for a bank loan to show my living expense as per the advice of consultant...I will be applying thru SPP coz that is always safe!!!

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
well this is a common case buddy there are many ppl with good academic backgrnd + financially sound however der visa gets rejected for some silly reason...Have no clue what is der modus operandi :'(

Param09

Jun 20, 2012
Hoshiarpur
Category........
Visa Office......
Consulate General Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2012
IELTS Request
6.5 Bands
Med's Done....
5-11-2012
Interview........
none
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2012
LANDED..........
29-12-2012
thejfever said:
Hi Guys,

- Finances:

according to me ..the reason of rejection is neither u have taken education loan nor u have GIC...and it is mandatory to have one thing among these two.....you still hav time for Jan intake...its better to take education loan equal to living expenses(more than $10000) ....
u cannot take GIC now coz it is not mentioned under general category, and now u can only apply in general category.......i am sure u will get visa if the reasons are finances.......and for loan u can try Oriental bank of commerce(they are little bit lenient in giving loan) ....best of luck ....

RNK

Jul 30, 2012
HYDERABAD
Visa Office......
CHC-DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-12
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-09-2012
Passport Req..
31-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2012
LANDED..........
11-12-12
the main reason for ur refusal is ur financial documentation.
The rules are made to be followed,but u skipped it.
U can get edu loan against fd.usually loan against fd will be granted within 1week.
So keep going,u simply wasted ur money with out knowing

thejfever

Sep 1, 2012
Hi Guys,

I will try but I do not see a point in taking the loan liability as I have enough funds and again they arent issuing me a education loan. A

Also, when I re-apply do I again have to send in all the documents all over??

sandhuboy

Aug 26, 2012
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
16-04-2013
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08/05/2013
LANDED..........
wahaguru manu v DATE pan da moka da..
yes u have to send all documents . And if u have money get edu. Loan by making fd go to all banks which r in your local area hdfc give u in 3 days . So work hard there is no reason bank will not give u loan for itr or any other reason or u can use indian way give money to agent to get loan. U can simply see it is the only reason ur visa get rejected.
The Chopras fool u .buddy in a big way.

sue_in

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
15-09-2012 (Band 8 )
File Transfer...
03-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2012
IMO, the reasons for such refusals are mainly a combination of a few factors. For eg. 1 year college course (not related to previous course) + only liquid assets as substantial proof of funds. Your best bet is to get a loan which shows that you have financial credibility and funds are sure to come (won't disappear like liquid funds)