+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refusal for my mother

goyal2712

Aug 11, 2023
My mothers visa was refused on insufficient funds and reasons not being consistent. We are planning to reapply. Does it have any impact on new visa applications? And how should I mention the past refusals? I have mentioned one line at the end of the conclusion of the new visa application. Is it sufficient?

Aug 12, 2023
I have a friend who faced a similar situation when he applied for his parents' Canadian visa. He tried twice, but unfortunately, his application was rejected due to unsatisfactory return plans. Surprisingly, on his third attempt, he decided to go through a consultant and submitted the same set of documents. To his delight, the application was approved. Frankly, I find it perplexing that there is such inconsistency in the visa application process.

goyal2712

Aug 11, 2023
I have a friend who faced a similar situation when he applied for his parents' Canadian visa. He tried twice, but unfortunately, his application was rejected due to unsatisfactory return plans. Surprisingly, on his third attempt, he decided to go through a consultant and submitted the same set of documents. To his delight, the application was approved. Frankly, I find it perplexing that there is such inconsistency in the visa application process.
Did he mention the refusal in the new application? If yes then where he added it?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My mothers visa was refused on insufficient funds and reasons not being consistent. We are planning to reapply. Does it have any impact on new visa applications? And how should I mention the past refusals? I have mentioned one line at the end of the conclusion of the new visa application. Is it sufficient?
How much did she show and how long was visit? Ties to home country. She needs to address reasons for refusal in new application.

goyal2712

Aug 11, 2023
How much did she show and how long was visit? Ties to home country. She needs to address reasons for refusal in new application.
She had shown around 1000 CAD in savings account and around 4k in Pf account along with Property papers. Also the agent had put 3 months as the duration.
do i need to specify each reason and answer it separately? What i have done is that I added financial capabilites +how she is planning on managing the expenses

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She had shown around 1000 CAD in savings account and around 4k in Pf account along with Property papers. Also the agent had put 3 months as the duration.
do i need to specify each reason and answer it separately? What i have done is that I added financial capabilites +how she is planning on managing the expenses
That is not a lot of money for a 3 month visit…maybe a two week visit. IRCC wants to see cash in the bank without spending all savings on a visit. Were funds the only reason?

goyal2712

Aug 11, 2023
That is not a lot of money for a 3 month visit…maybe a two week visit. IRCC wants to see cash in the bank without spending all savings on a visit. Were funds the only reason?
This was one reason. Second was • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application. Not sure what this statement means entirely. If you can elaborate it would be great

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This was one reason. Second was • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application. Not sure what this statement means entirely. If you can elaborate it would be great
What are her ties to return - job letter with approved leave, business/contracts, investment properties. She needs to show reasons for return.

goyal2712

Aug 11, 2023
What are her ties to return - job letter with approved leave, business/contracts, investment properties. She needs to show reasons for return.
Shes a housewife. In the new application have added that she needs to take care of her house. What else can I add?

goyal2712

Aug 11, 2023
Shes a housewife. In the new application have added that she needs to take care of her house. What else can I add?
Along with her own funds. I had added a sponsorship letter and my bank statements. Stating that I (son) will be sponsoring her visit. I work in india. Are my bank statements fine? Because she’s a housewife so I can support my mother’s expenses right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Along with her own funds. I had added a sponsorship letter and my bank statements. Stating that I (son) will be sponsoring her visit. I work in india. Are my bank statements fine? Because she’s a housewife so I can support my mother’s expenses right?
So why does she need to go to Canada for 3 months? Taking care of a house is not a reason to return. She should be showing her own funds, not you. You can provide your bank statements but IRCC doesn’t need to consider them if you are not a Canadian citizen or PR.

goyal2712

Aug 11, 2023
So why does she need to go to Canada for 3 months? Taking care of a house is not a reason to return. She should be showing her own funds, not you. You can provide your bank statements but IRCC doesn’t need to consider them if you are not a Canadian citizen or PR.
To help my 18 year old sister settle down. She’s quite young and we dont have anyone in canada to look for her accommodation.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
To help my 18 year old sister settle down. She’s quite young and we dont have anyone in canada to look for her accommodation.
3 months is way too long and it will not take that long to find accommodations and help her settle down. She needs to show a short visit with her own funds and reasons to return. Her funds are way too low as accommodations, airfare and food will be thousands. Assuming your sister starts in September so your sister may have to travel on her own given it is August 12. Where is she moving to? Hopefully she has started looking for accommodations already. Waiting lists are long and many students are looking.

goyal2712

Aug 11, 2023
3 months is way too long and it will not take that long to find accommodations and help her settle down. She needs to show a short visit with her own funds and reasons to return. Her funds are way too low as accommodations, airfare and food will be thousands. Assuming your sister starts in September so your sister may have to travel on her own given it is August 12. Where is she moving to? Hopefully she has started looking for accommodations already. Waiting lists are long and many students are looking.
She is already there. Will reapply for a shorter duration and will add reason to return in a better manner

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She is already there. Will reapply for a shorter duration and will add reason to return in a better manner
So the reason to find accommodations and to get settled is no longer valid. Reason is to visit daughter attending school. Given your sister may have only just recently arrived, your mom may want to wait a few months before reapplying. IRCC may be concerned she will overstay with little funds.