My Visa got refused for JAN intake .

10th - 86%
12th- 68%
B.Tech ECE : 68%

IELTS : 7.5 ( 6 being the least )

Course : Advanced Diploma , Software Engineering , 2 year

4.5 years of exp in Software Dev and Testing
Applied in SPP Category

CAIPS Recieved : 1. No Logical Progression of Studies 2. Intended Course at such expense is not justified

SOP was not that strong !!

Hey , experienced people in this forum , kindly put your comments . What can be done for this issue ?? What could have went wrong.

Faizi_

Jan 14, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 JAN 17
Doc's Request.
upfront
File Transfer...
31 JAN 17
Passport Req..
waiting
your course selection is not OK i guess as u have done B.tech already and going for diploma program of 2 years
u should go for 3 year program VO is not satisfied with the progress of your studies
go for some higher digree

jo0503

Aug 27, 2016
Faizi_ said:
your course selection is not OK i guess as u have done B.tech already and going for diploma program of 2 years
u should go for 3 year program VO is not satisfied with the progress of your studies
go for some higher digree
Thank you for the comment Faizi :)

So should i go for a PG level or i can opt for only university level ( like MS ) as i have more than 4 years of exp ??

Can we change the course after a refusal , will that have any negative impact ?? Whats your opinion ?

rajwinder111

Mar 1, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jo0503 said:
Thank you for the comment Faizi :)

So should i go for a PG level or i can opt for only university level ( like MS ) as i have more than 4 years of exp ??

Can we change the course after a refusal , will that have any negative impact ?? Whats your opinion ?
Hi ,
Yes you can change your program after refusal as long as it is relevant to your previous study and experience. Write a strong SOP when you apply next time . Good Luck :)

jo0503

Aug 27, 2016
rajwinder111 said:
Hi ,
Yes you can change your program after refusal as long as it is relevant to your previous study and experience. Write a strong SOP when you apply next time . Good Luck :)
Thanks for comment raj :)

Yup. So i Should choose a PG diploma course or should i go with a university level MS programme ??

rajwinder111

Mar 1, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jo0503 said:
Thanks for comment raj :)

Yup. So i Should choose a PG diploma course or should i go with a university level MS programme ??
Welcome,
yes you can choose any of them. More chances if you go for MS prog.
Good luck:)

Faizi_

Jan 14, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 JAN 17
Doc's Request.
upfront
File Transfer...
31 JAN 17
Passport Req..
waiting
jo0503 said:
Hey,

My Visa got refused for JAN intake .

10th - 86%
12th- 68%
B.Tech ECE : 68%

IELTS : 7.5 ( 6 being the least )

Course : Advanced Diploma , Software Engineering , 2 year

4.5 years of exp in Software Dev and Testing
Applied in SPP Category

CAIPS Recieved : 1. No Logical Progression of Studies 2. Intended Course at such expense is not justified

SOP was not that strong !!

Hey , experienced people in this forum , kindly put your comments . What can be done for this issue ?? What could have went wrong.

A strong study permit application demonstrates that the applicant has strong ties to his or her home country, sufficient financial support, and a clear idea of his or her study objective. Study permit applications are often refused because the applicant fails to satisfy the immigration officer that the chosen study program will further the applicant's career. If an applicant chooses a study program that is unconnected to his or her education and work history, or a study program at a lower level than his or her previous study, this may result in a refusal.

jo0503

Aug 27, 2016
Faizi_ said:
A strong study permit application demonstrates that the applicant has strong ties to his or her home country, sufficient financial support, and a clear idea of his or her study objective. Study permit applications are often refused because the applicant fails to satisfy the immigration officer that the chosen study program will further the applicant's career. If an applicant chooses a study program that is unconnected to his or her education and work history, or a study program at a lower level than his or her previous study, this may result in a refusal.

Hey Faizi,

Thank you for the well explained comments !! Hope these comments are read by all the people willing to pursue higher studies.
I am quite clear about what went wrong in my VISA application.

I strongly agree to your points.

Advanced Diploma or a Diploma is not at all a valid study program after B.Tech. There should be logical progression for your career.This happend because of the poor advice from education consultant , poor research from my side regarding the various levels of Canadian education

Even-though Master level study programme have more chances for VISA , University level programme have limited seats.

I still cannot figure out whether PG Diploma which is offered by most of the colleges is at a higher level than Bachelors ( say B.tech). If u can through some light on this . It could be realy helpful

macIndia

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
L-7.5, R- 7, S-7,W-7
Go for any Ontario Graduate Certificate for which prerequisite is Bachelors degree. You can check out Humber or Centennial college website. Also, check the curriculum of that course to ensure that it aligns with your work experience or previous studies from progression perspective. Don't forget to link these points in your SOP i.e. how the curriculum of the selected course would help you in career and enhance your skills etc.

Good luck for your second application.

http://mediastudies.humber.ca/programs/postgraduate/information-technology-solutions.html#SchoolProgramDetails/ProgramAdmissionRequirements

http://mediastudies.humber.ca/programs/certificate/enterprise-software-development.html#SchoolProgramDetails/ProgramAdmissionRequirements

jo0503

Aug 27, 2016
macIndia said:
Go for any Ontario Graduate Certificate for which prerequisite is Bachelors degree. You can check out Humber or Centennial college website. Also, check the curriculum of that course to ensure that it aligns with your work experience or previous studies from progression perspective. Don't forget to link these points in your SOP i.e. how the curriculum of the selected course would help you in career and enhance your skills etc.

Good luck for your second application.

http://mediastudies.humber.ca/programs/postgraduate/information-technology-solutions.html#SchoolProgramDetails/ProgramAdmissionRequirements

http://mediastudies.humber.ca/programs/certificate/enterprise-software-development.html#SchoolProgramDetails/ProgramAdmissionRequirements

Hey Mac,

Thank you for the comments !! :)

Yes. This time, selecting an appropriate course which requires a Bachelors Degree as a criteria (Guess PG level will be fine) and which provides a progression of career. Making necessary corrections in SOP to show proper connections and explanations.

Waiting for some positive response from CIC this time.

Faizi_

Jan 14, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 JAN 17
Doc's Request.
upfront
File Transfer...
31 JAN 17
Passport Req..
waiting
jo0503 said:
Hey Faizi,

Thank you for the well explained comments !! Hope these comments are read by all the people willing to pursue higher studies.
I am quite clear about what went wrong in my VISA application.

I strongly agree to your points.

Advanced Diploma or a Diploma is not at all a valid study program after B.Tech. There should be logical progression for your career.This happend because of the poor advice from education consultant , poor research from my side regarding the various levels of Canadian education

Even-though Master level study programme have more chances for VISA , University level programme have limited seats.

I still cannot figure out whether PG Diploma which is offered by most of the colleges is at a higher level than Bachelors ( say B.tech). If u can through some light on this . It could be realy helpful

Submit a one or two page study plan which answers the following questions and includes any other information relevant to the processing of your application:
1. Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?
2. What is your overall educational goal?
3. Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence or of citizenship?
4. What research have you done into studies in your country of residence or of citizenship?
5. How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence or of citizenship?
6. What ties do you have to your country of residence or of citizenship?
7. Provide details of your education history – dates when the course started and ended, the name and address of the school, the course taken, qualification, degree or certificate awarded for the course

Keep in mind these points while making your SOP
You can go for PG if it is relevant to your previous studies and convince VO through your SOP that how this course will be helpful for you
what is your age by the way ?

Regards
Faizan Khan

ehsaan74

Jun 15, 2013
ReApply but contact someone expert.i will suggest u phs Mardan 03119222944 he knows all abt refusal cases