+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa questions

WeiWeiSmile

Apr 29, 2017
My education agent applied for study permit on my behalf and said that I don't need visa to enter Canada. However, I made a research and it stated everywhere that I need temporary resident visa in addition to study permit. Will it be issued automatically along with the permit or do I have to apply for it in another application? Or should I do it apply for visa after getting study permit? And this agent also said that I will recieve original of the Study Permit already in the university. Is it true?

DanielEcu

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Quito, Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
VAC - Upfront
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2017
LANDED..........
Will be 05-07-2017
WeiWeiSmile said:
My education agent applied for study permit on my behalf and said that I don't need visa to enter Canada. However, I made a research and it stated everywhere that I need temporary resident visa in addition to study permit. Will it be issued automatically along with the permit or do I have to apply for it in another application? Or should I do it apply for visa after getting study permit? And this agent also said that I will recieve original of the Study Permit already in the university. Is it true?
It seems kind of twisted to me... where are you from?

There are some foreigners that can visit Canada visa free. But for studies, everybody needs a permit unless you are going to study less than 6 months.

If you are studying more than 6 months, then you will need a student visa (that is a TRV). The Study permit will be issued upon arrival by the inmigration officer, not at your university.

Hope this helps.

Regards